WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got suckered in late one night and saw a Glashutte that looked nice on eBay for a manual winding watch. Can't seem to find any information on the legitimacy though - any idea if this looks real or just using the name? The sale was under $300 I think.

I actually like the look, but still...

·
Registered
897 Posts
It's best to look at the movement..

I believe it should have a Manual wind German 17 jewels GUB 69.1 movement.

Not a High End Glashutte .

I've done this many times over 40 years collecting..It just happens..and whether I say it'll NEVER Happen Again..IT DOES !

·
Moderator Emeritus
54,126 Posts
No good idea to buy it. Repainted. None of the real ones had „Original“ printed on the dial. „Glashütte Original“ as a brand/manufacturer came into existence after the wall came down.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Hi, I came across a Glashütte Spezimatic that looks very nice, supposedly NOS, but I'm not sure... The watch looks genuine, but I don't think that this green dial went into this silver case - as far as I know this dial went only with a golden case (in fact I have one like that)... What do you say - am I mistaken, is this genuine or is it a franken?

·
Moderator German Watches Forum
6,104 Posts
Well, you can see the case is not plated, but the case back says it is.
I think this is what Herr Stuffler politely calls a "marriage".

Thanks,
rationaltime

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Well, you can see the case is not plated, but the case back says it is.
I think this is what Herr Stuffler politely calls a "marriage".

Thanks,
rationaltime
duh, never even thought about that, feel stupid now

anyway, thanks

it would've been worth buying if I already had a wrong combo case/dial the other way around, that would've been perfect :p

·
Registered
199 Posts
How about"innocently" sending it for a service? And ask them, while they're at it, could they please reply the dial and hands?

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts