WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was flipping through the channels & landed on "the shop" & a $5000.00 Invicta rolled across my screen, now they were in two colors & one was sold out. Again a $5000.00 Invicta & ONE WAS SOLD OUT! So please help me here, did Breitling take over & start manufacturing Invicta's or did it rain $100 bills while I slept? Yes I know there "gold" but wouldn't you be better served buying actual physical gold? If I had on a $5000.00 watch me & the kid at Best Buy better not have on the same brand. I own a few Invicta's myself but I've found that with Invicta keeping the sale under $80.00 cut's down on the anger factor during resell. I apologize to any Invicta fans but this reeks of the old "a fool & his money......."

·
Registered
17,054 Posts
I'd imagine they were lying - trying to conjure up demand by restricting the supply. Or someone actually paid full MSRP which is unlikely, but possible.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe I'm just being cranky but I was shocked & then for some reason I get a little bitter but it's not my money so "they" can spend their money as they see fit. I'm still a bit light headed from the experience though.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
It was me, I hit the lottery and decided to spend it all on Christmas presents for my fellow WIS here on F2. SURPRISE!

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
Yes...It was a solid 18K Gold plated Limited Edition for one hour, and only one hour (until next week). $4,996.00 MSRP for the unbelievable
price 0f $99.60!
With a full 4 year warranty at no charge..That 4 year warranty is a $99.00 value....With that, you're getting the watch for sixty cents!
That's right ....Sixty cents!!

Reactions: sakura7

·
Registered
168 Posts
Generally, its not a great idea to buy anything from an informercial or an informercial-chanel, not even the sushi knives...

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
My guess is those 5k watches sold out for $139 or something similar. Invicta is absolutely shameless about their marketing practices from inflated retail values (that make those who inflate embarrassed) to the obscene way they market flame fusion crystal as being superior to sapphire. What is too bad is that if you can overlook some of the garish styles, Invicta actually still makes a decent watch for the money. They are just too offensive on other fronts to get proper credit for it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you. Ha Ha, I needed that laugh!

·
Banned
7,819 Posts
Generally, its not a great idea to buy anything from an informercial or an informercial-chanel, not even the sushi knives...
Specifically, it's not a great idea to even watch an informercial/informercial channel :rodekaart:-d

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My guess is those 5k watches sold out for $139 or something similar. Invicta is absolutely shameless about their marketing practices from inflated retail values (that make those who inflate embarrassed) to the obscene way they market flame fusion crystal as being superior to sapphire. What is too bad is that if you can overlook some of the garish styles, Invicta actually still makes a decent watch for the money. They are just too offensive on other fronts to get proper credit for it.
I actually was an Invicta fan but you're right, they are a bit shady, the few Invicta's that I still own I am almost too embarrassed to wear, it's like a scarlet letter. I had decided to keep my Lupah because that design to me holds up, I also have a Chrono that's basically a citizen with Invicta's name on it that I kept but the others had to go.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts