WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, the memo was only posted moments before it was about to happen. Sounds like the IT Dept in my organisation!

Yes, I agree, I am not a fan of the new look either. I have been faffing about looking at the profile settings because it was sending me email notifcations each time someone posted anything.

The layout is more friendly to mobile users but I never use a mobile to post to WUS it is just too much hassle plus all my photos are available to me via a laptop. The layout wastes so much space on the screen.

The other "feature" I noticed is that there is an option to have an ad-free profile if you pay for a premium account! Maybe that is another reason to move the new layout to get members to sign up/pay up for a premium account.

·
Registered
531 Posts
So, the memo was only posted moments before it was about to happen. Sounds like the IT Dept in my organisation!

Yes, I agree, I am not a fan of the new look either. I have been faffing about looking at the profile settings because it was sending me email notifcations each time someone posted anything.

The layout is more friendly to mobile users but I never use a mobile to post to WUS it is just too much hassle plus all my photos are available to me via a laptop. The layout wastes so much space on the screen.

The other "feature" I noticed is that there is an option to have an ad-free profile if you pay for a premium account! Maybe that is another reason to move the new layout to get members to sign up/pay up for a premium account.
Not yet keen on it myself, (it might 'grow on me')

Still trying to find my way about - I'm used to forums, but never seen anything like this layout/control system before.

Haven't tried on my mobile, so not sure what it'll look like.

Yes, noticed that as well - $19.99 per year (plus it'll probably go up year on year)

·
Registered
114 Posts
I like the new look but several forums I’m on are along the lines of the new layout so I’m used to this plus the speed is great

·
Premium Member
2,286 Posts
Change Bad!!!

The change was most certainly not announced at the last minute. There was a banner at the top of pages for days announcing what was about to happen and when it would. Prior to that, there were multiple posts saying a change was in the works.

I, for one, welcome the new modern look and features. There are bound to be bugs and confusion right out of the gate but I'm sure we'll all get used to it quickly and soon realize the changes were for the best.

·
Administrator
4,711 Posts
Can I ask a huge favor of y'all?

Can we keep all feedback, questions, concerns, requests for help, etc.regarding the new platform in our Community Feedback thread rather than starting new threads?

The reason this is important is that we will be seeing weekly updates (approximately) that are largely fueled by community feedback. While that doesn't mean we can action every request, it does mean we are actively listening to the feedback and sharing it with the developers. By keeping all of the information in one thread, we can help make sure that we don't miss anything.

We absolutely want to hear all of the feedback, both good and bad.

Also please Check out the FAQ's with any questions before posting
HERE

We are just asking that it be posted to the community feedback thread. :)

- Cricket/Jeff M

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The members who contribute to the Russian Forum are a small community on WUS and are just having a discussion about how we feel about the changes. That's all.

Feeback has been posted on the Community Feedback by several of the forum contributors already. I am sure that others will do so if they feel the need.

·
Registered
306 Posts
It was no surprise to me. There was notification as a banner at the top, but if you clicked to X it off, it didn't come back.

Like others I dislike change, but I just had a look at the FAQ and that pretty much solved all my problems.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hello guys

Why don't you like the new face? In tapatalk i see the exact same site.

And in the pc i don't see a huge change.
The look is pretty much the same, but it works very differently. Links work differently. I just discovered that putting the URL for the FAQ automatically created a link that says FAQ. lol Had me going for a while. Also, how do you get to the "last read" etc. Well, it's easy, but very different.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Hello guys

Why don't you like the new face? In tapatalk i see the exact same site.

And in the pc i don't see a huge change.
Probably it's because I don't use Tapatalk if at all possible (had them take over my forums host a few years back, and we had to change to another server (our own) to regain full control of the forum) that I'm none too keen

1 - 20 of 45 Posts