WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was browsing a popular sales website and found this watch. It was listed with 2 different reference numbers.

Am I mistaken thinking this is a "frankenstein" watch or did Omega release a Seamaster with this dial/hand combo?

2062.50 and 22625000 (2262.50.00 I assume) are the reference numbers listed. And it's on a leather strap....per the advertisement.

I asked the seller about this watch and after a reply of basically "stfu"...he said well you ain't gotta buy it...well duh I don't. And this from a "reputable" seller with a physical store (so they advertise). And, they did get this watch from a "reputable jewelry store."

And here's some pics of the watch.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
It is a Franken.
Here is mine
... also a Franken, a Coax Bond, with retrofitted dial, hands and bezel

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks good. I just think the guy should be honest with his sales. Would suck to buy it and later try to sell and find out.....doh....

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Who is the seller. It think "reputable" is a broad term with some of these online sellers. It just means theyve completed a certain amount of transactions. Its like ebay where they can negotiate positive feedback whilst holding your money to ransom. It looks like its been badly polished as well and the date wheel doesnt look right although it could be the angle of the photo. Personally I wouldnt touch that at any price. Its not worth the hassle when you can source one of these at market value that will give you many years of service.

·
Premium Member
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Who is the seller. It think "reputable" is a broad term with some of these online sellers. It just means theyve completed a certain amount of transactions. Its like ebay where they can negotiate positive feedback whilst holding your money to ransom. It looks like its been badly polished as well and the date wheel doesnt look right although it could be the angle of the photo. Personally I wouldnt touch that at any price. Its not worth the hassle when you can source one of these at market value that will give you many years of service.
The guy sent me another message further complaining I called him on the watch....he's gonna SUE me!!!!! for defamation...oh no....!!! He cussed me out as well. I'm shaking in my boots now. Sheesh....

And of course he pulled the listing. After his second rant, threats, and such, I reported him to Ch***24.

Kind of unhinged behavior for a "reputable" dealer.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
The guy sent me another message further complaining I called him on the watch....he's gonna SUE me!!!!! for defamation...oh no....!!! He cussed me out as well. I'm shaking in my boots now. Sheesh....

And of course he pulled the listing. After his second rant, threats, and such, I reported him to Ch***24.

Kind of unhinged behavior for a "reputable" dealer.

Now you know how he got his good feedbacI. Threats. Sounds like he’s worth calling out as he’s clearly a crook. I’ve got zero tolerance for sellers like that. He knows what he’s selling.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Is it just me or does that bezel look photoshopped on? Look at the white spot at 12 above the pip. Also, the whole bezel doesn't seem to "sit" right.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Is it just me or does that bezel look photoshopped on? Look at the white spot at 12 above the pip. Also, the whole bezel doesn't seem to "sit" right.
Might you be able to provide a link to some of the watches this seller is offering. Not calling him out, but links to another sale might give clarity

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Looks like the luminous pip was removed (because it was too Rolex'ish) and with was filled with luminova instead

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Ch***24 made him pull the listing due to possible "fake item". I'm sure he's really pissed now.

"Quartz Watches Inc." Name of the company they are selling under. Since I don't know the full history of each model of Seamaster, I can't say for sure what other weird listing they have, but I think it's possibly a Chinese based company that's saying they are based in the US. I say that based on the grammar written in their rants and threats to me.

Looking it up further, looks like their physical store is a UPS store.

Nothing wrong with that...lots of folks do business out of a UPS address, but the company is starting to look janky to me....

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
That seller is also selling a more legit version of the watch. Looking at his other items it seems they carry a large stock so I would be surprised if they were fakes. More likely they buy from pawn shops and other dealers who took them in as part ex deals at rock bottom prices and franken them into working watches. I cant see any reason for purchasing from them though as their prices seem high (and they cant use a camera properly)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts