WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Talked my father into giving (he called it "borrowed for a short period of time") me his old omega constellation he bought from his first salary some deacdes ago but never wears (wears an IWC quartz instead...). I know I'm maybe a little very too much into NATO-straps but I can't help and couldn't help and put it on a... NATO:

I LOVE THE LOOK. Seems perfect for hot summer partying (I'm 35 so it's not going to be very wild).

Attachments

Registered
Looks cool to me. Very Retro with a touch of modern. Seems a little irreverent to put a dress Omega on a nato. Why not.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sorry, have no leather nato. not a big fan of them. and i doubt it would look.. well, tastes are different. i was assuming i'll have a ****storm going on with a "how could you" but seems not :D the more i look at the watch in this combo the more i love it... hope dad forgets about it... but i don't think so :D

Registered
Looks perfect to me I like the modern looks on a vintage watch. It's your watch so you can wear it on whatever u like.

Registered
You didn't overdo it at all, in my opinion. Putting a dress watch on a colorful strap is as summer-y as a big diver on the wrist, as far as I'm concerned.

Registered
If you would have only said "Omega Constellation" and "Nato" without any pictures the thread could have steered differently. I know I was not picturing what you did, and I also think it works and looks great.

Registered
Definitely not overNATO'd. ;)

I don't think that's even possible.

Reactions: chbx and soopad00pa

Registered
Looks fantastic, great retro look. Nice that you've done it with a genuine vintage piece, but I did a similar thing with my HMT.

photo-5.JPG

Registered
Looking good, chbx!
I think NATOs and other colourful nylon straps are a great way to liven up slightly formal watches and get them onto your wrist :)

Absolutely love the combo. Where did you get this "vintage" strap? I would love one as well! LOL

Registered
Yes, you overNATO'd. It doesn't match that style of watch at ALL. Even if you picked a more subtle color scheme, it is 'not right."

That watch needs a brown leather strap.

Registered
I think NATO's are ideal for smaller, lighter vintage watches. Makes them wearable in the summer here where leather would be a soggy mess if I had to spend any time outside - and sometimes my job has me outside for hours unexpectedly.
Rollie 6564 on Bond:

WRUW_2013-08-16 by clair_davis, on Flickr

Olive:

WRUW_2013-10-29 by clair_davis, on Flickr

'71 Bellmatic on olive:

WRUW_2013-10-02 by clair_davis, on Flickr

Sand:

WRUW_2013-06-29-02 by clair_davis, on Flickr

I need to get some colors, most of my NATO's are on the toolish side, and colors/stripes definitely bring a bit more style.

Clair

Registered
I think it looks great!! Very good for a summer time look.

Registered
I think NATO's are ideal for smaller, lighter vintage watches. Makes them wearable in the summer here where leather would be a soggy mess if I had to spend any time outside - and sometimes my job has me outside for hours unexpectedly.
Rollie 6564 on Bond:

WRUW_2013-08-16 by clair_davis, on Flickr

Olive:

WRUW_2013-10-29 by clair_davis, on Flickr

'71 Bellmatic on olive:

WRUW_2013-10-02 by clair_davis, on Flickr

Sand:

WRUW_2013-06-29-02 by clair_davis, on Flickr

I need to get some colors, most of my NATO's are on the toolish side, and colors/stripes definitely bring a bit more style.

Clair
I absolutely love military style natos at the moment, I'm going through a phase where I've got watches on Khaki, digi-camo and grey Natos. That picture gives it a really cool explorer/military officer vibe. Love it.

To the OP: some will hate it, I'd never believe it untill I saw it, but that looks great. It can always be transferred back to a leather strap for more formal occasions.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts