WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - little help on this one please. I have always been a sucker for triple data moonphase watches and this one seems to be pretty neat one but want to check with you for inputs as to authenticity - Seller gives 30 day return policy so I thought I'd check with the experts here. Judging from the pics I don't know about the "near mint" part but sometimes the photos do not do true justice to a watch - I won't know until I am holding it in my hands I guess. Also any inputs about this movement would be appreciated. I know that the valjoux 7750 (I think thats the one) one has be very careful about adjusting the day/date/moon and be sure the hands are around 6:00 to be sure (?).

18k gold & Stainless Steel
two tone 18k stainless bracelet
18k gold solid fixed tachymeter bezel
white dial
automatic (1150)
moon-phase, date ring, day / month
24 hours display
12-hour chronograph, plexi crystal
Ref. 3730.20, ca. 1990, 38mm, Near Mint
no Box included
Width: 38 mm
Height: 44.5 mm
Thickness: 14 mm
Lug Width: 18 mm
Will fit at least a 7" wrist comfortably
Back engraved Omega - Maison fondée en 1848.
This is a scarce watch and from our research it was only produced for about a year in 1990.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Nothing jumps out but the pictures aren't very good. When you get it, please check the fit of the bracelet - it seems a bit off and the mirror that the watch is on doesn't help either. I'm not sure if the crystal is original, but it could just be the pictures.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply. I got the watch and it is far from mint with scratches all round and a few dings here and there. The bracelet is way too small for my 7 3/8" wrist at about 6.5" - but every one I've seen of this model seems to have that same bracelet size. The bracelet seems somewhat fragile for a bigger guy like me. I am going to put the bracelet away and find a nice aftermarket 2-tone that will fit my wrist and I don't have to worry about. The watch winds fine and all function work fine - I have not timed it but all the setting work fine also. Not the greatest example but at the price I paid I think I will keep it and maybe get it refurbished at some point in the future. Really nice addition to my collection.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts