WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone- I see these buckles all the time on eBay, did omega ever actually use these or or they just new eBay creations? If omega used them, do you know which models?

Rectangle Jewellery Composite material Auto part Font

·
Registered
439 Posts
Hey everyone- I see these buckles all the time on eBay, did omega ever actually use these or or they just new eBay creations? If omega used them, do you know which models?

View attachment 16118534
Looks like a replica to me - the Omega is too flattened and the pin is too broad. I have several real ones on my 1960s Constellations so they did use the same general style shown here.

·
Premium Member
1,986 Posts
I can't remember where I found it, if here or the other Omega forum, but I read a really detailed breakdown on identifying fakes vs real on these buckles.

IIRC it was pretty scary how hard it can be to identify them. Just tons of variations and because they are so simple, easy to replicate. I'd stay away from ebay and the like entirely, no matter how knowledgeable I was.

I really wanted a gold or plated one to match a vintage SMDV, but have resigned to the fact that I will never buy one, because I could never be sure it's real.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts