WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tee Hee

Couldn't resist the chance to try out this photo hosting malarky.

Upside:- Bigger pics

Downside:- You guys have to suffer my atrocious attempts at photography.

Sorry

Cheers
Gav

·
Registered
21 Posts
There's something special about a military-issued watch. That slate-colored dial is the perfect color complement to this jet emblem (what kind of jet is that?) Did you get that piece in the service, or did you pick it up in the aftermarket? Am I right in assuming that these limited editions are only issued to military?

·
Breitling Forum Moderator
8,939 Posts
Bring it on Gav! We have suffered worse :-! right Ron?!? Remember the kodak?:-D :-D Geeesss he even has the lighting down to a fine art. Nahhh keep'em coming tis the season to be snowed in and I'm expecting cabin fever creations from my northern brethren. |> |>

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's a closer view of her, with a little help from Ron.

He was able to improve the lighting by some magical process.

It'll let you see the detail of the Avro Vulcan B2 planform a bit better.

The Falklands link is for the 44 Squadron , Operation "Black Buck", which was the only time the Vulcan was used in anger in combat. For the majority of her service, she stood sentinal as part of the Delta Force during the "Cold War".

This watch is #15 of the 50 that were issued to help raise funds to get the last display Vulcan, Vulcan XH558, back to airworthieness. This has now been achieved and she is due to start display flying in 2007, 25 years after the Black Buck raids on Port Stanley Airfield.

There are a few of these military B-1's. I think Al has the Harrier limited edition.

Cheers guys
Gav

·
Registered
14 Posts
Findo

Here's a photo of my Harrier B1. Santa is going to bring me a new camera so I can start messing about with some obscure photography !!

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts