WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The SUN019, 023, etc, etc, are no longer on the Seiko web site and they are on Amazon - Supplied by Seiko, at good discounts, especially the PADI.

I ask I have a brand new SUN023 that wasn’t charging, purchased from Seiko. They did a full overhaul. I wear it all day. This morning I looked and it was off by an hour and a half. I’m retesting it now, but my plan is to call Seiko Monday morning and tell them I want a *new watch,* period. And I’ll get it, don’t worry about that. The problem is I went to the web site and they are gone The 019 was the only one they consistently had.

My reintroduction to Seiko, a Professional Quartz 200 being my first, has been underwhelming. My watchmakers were correct when they told me to buy Citizen.

It’s funny that my 023 is the only one that’s still up near $700. I think the PADI is $378, from Seiko.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Absolutely beautiful watches. Too bad the kinetic system seems to suck so bad. Back in the wee days of the 1990's, I was tricked into buying one. Worked great for a bit, then in didn't. Got it fixed and it worked great again, until it didn't. (I was a one watch person at that time, no issues of not wearing enough). Dug it out of a drawer earlier this year, got it fully fixed again (with modern battery and related bits and it worked great again. Until it fricking didn't. Sorry, kinetic; you suck and that's too bad because I loved the concept when I bought the first one, even enough to repair it twice. And I love the look of the newer SUN series watches but nope.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have 5 kinetics, 4 I wear regularly, including 2 SUNs. No problems with any of the regular wearers, including the older second hand Big Boss.

Maybe you got a lemon?

And I do think they have been discontinued. Seiko's kinetic lines seem to only appeal to a small segment and I would suspect they are nearing the end of the line. I hope not, they are such a unique movement.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It looks like they have been discountinued and I would encourage anyone that wants a new one from Seiko to buy on Amazon now. Supplied by Seiko, good discount with warranty it seems.

Even though mine has been a problem there are so many people that swear by this watch (thousands it seems) that I think it’s my watch that’s the issue. I’m thinking maybe I made a mistake this morning in my groggy pre coffee haze? It’s spot on for the last 12 hours, and shows a full charge. I’m dying for this thing to work like a charm. Love it!!

Might be a good time to hit up the Outlet again. They may have shipped a boat load of them there if they discountinued them. I love the 019. I got it my 023 at Seiko Outlet. With full warranty they’ve got to fix it if something is wrong, so I don’t see a reason not to buy from them.

Thanks

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have 5 kinetics, 4 I wear regularly, including 2 SUNs. No problems with any of the regular wearers, including the older second hand Big Boss.

Maybe you got a lemon?

And I do think they have been discontinued. Seiko's kinetic lines seem to only appeal to a small segment and I would suspect they are nearing the end of the line. I hope not, they are such a unique movement.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
Thinking it’s my watch as well that’s the issue. Your watch in the center bottom is awesome. The older Boss?? That’s cool. If they’ve discountinued SUN, there is a good chance the Outlet near me got a load of them. I’m going to check it out. Full warranty. Love the 019.

·
Premium Member
73,641 Posts
My SUNs seem to take it in turns to misbehave but my BFK never misses a beat. However, 3 Kinetics is my absolute limit.

·
Registered
143 Posts
My first new Seiko that's now rolled off the list of ones for sale by the manufacturer. Woohoo! I've crossed over.

Wearing my SUN023 now and enjoying it. It's a beast of a watch, the black coating is holding up surprisingly well, the rubber strap is better than I had expected, I actually dove with it in Hawaii 18 months ago, and I like the little barely-audible "zzzhhhgg" it makes when it winds up. It's been a fun watch.

Reactions: The Dude Hank
1 - 7 of 7 Posts