WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello fellow WISers,
i just received my new NATO strap from Gnomon Watches and figured i would share a few pics and thoughts with you guys b-)
first off i hvae to shout out Anders Tan over at Gnomon Watches, he is very friendly and answers his emails very promptly :-!
i ordered the strap on 1-10-11 and received it today 1-29-11, for some reason all of my experiences with receiving items shipped from Singapore is that they (SingPost) can be very slow, but they do try to make tracking your shipment as simple as possible, unless you have the patience of a saint i would suggest opting for FedEx.
i slapped this strap on my Vostok Amphibian, tell me what you think.

i call this "From Russia with Love" ;-)

·
Registered
20,990 Posts
I too bought Dievas NATOs from Gnomon. Very good customer service and I'd go back to them in the future.

The strap looks great on your Vostok. I would have gone for the PVD hardware, even though it costs a couple bucks more.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would have gone for the PVD hardware, even though it costs a couple bucks more though.
I thought of that after I order it lol, the PVD definitely would have nailed it :-!

·
Registered
20,990 Posts
I thought of that after I order it lol, the PVD definitely would have nailed it :-!
Still looks good!

Here's a similar shot I took a little while back:

What is it about NATOs and liquor?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
What is it about NATOs and liquor?
Haha I don't know man but that Bourbon sure looks good, nice pic!

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Looks great - I wish my 4 from Anders would show - ordered on 1/1/11.... still no show..
I think I ordered the same strap - you have nice taste!

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Looks great.

Dievas markets some sweet straps. I just wish the premium leather line would return.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I recently placed an order for this NATO strap from the same dealer.

Are these high quality straps? I've already been had on a very cheap quality "NATO G10" strap for my Omega SMP.
the Deivas NATO straps are of exceptional quality, your SMP will be very happy :-!

Regards,
Earl

·
Registered
52 Posts
the Deivas NATO straps are of exceptional quality, your SMP will be very happy :-!

Regards,
Earl
Yeah I just found this out yesterday. :)

Boy, you weren't kidding. It's like night and day when comparing this Dievas strap to the cheap crap that I got from The Strap Shop...and I even paid more with The Strap Shop. Ugh!

Trial and error, I suppose. This Dievas strap is awesome!

·
Registered
191 Posts
From the pictures, it appears that the Dievas strap has rather large (tall) keepers, like most of the inexpensive straps do. Could someone comment on their size relative to Timefactor's and Maratac's?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1 - 15 of 15 Posts