WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Doxa i possibly on my next up list, always need something to dream about and it's got delightfully classic styling.

So can someone tell me the difference between 300T and 1200T? I see the 1200T MAY have a HE-valve. The 300 (classic?) reportedly used to have a HE-valve, but the site doesn't say if it currently does. That aside the two watches look the be the same in all other aspects. Physical size, movement, depth..

A few days ago I believe you could get the 300T in different colors, but I am at work, so it could be firewalls at bay.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am looking to buy a 1200t or the new 300t as well and I am so confused right now.
I want to know which one will have better resell value and historical value.
I hope experts can share their opinion.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am looking to buy a 1200t or the new 300t as well and I am so confused right now.
I want to know which one will have better resell value and historical value.
I hope experts can share their opinion.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
The 1200T is a limited edition and the new 300T is not. I'd think the 1200T would be worth more in the long run, but that is an assumption. They could change the current 300T's case/crystal/caseback/bracelet etc. at anytime and thus you could have only a year (or whatever) production run. It is a gamble so buy the one you like and wear it, don't worry too much on selling in 30-50 yrs. :)

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I actually got an answer back from Doxa. Aside from different crystal, clasp, and HE-Valve, nothing I would really call major.

- teeth on the bezel on the 300 are thinner (height of the bezel is the same)
-glass is flat on 300 and domed on 1200
-the bracelet on the 300 has first two links angled to match the case; 1200 bracelet is straight
-300 does not have helium release; 1200 does
-300 has orange fish on crown; 1200 does not
300 has a newer, more complex folding clasp; 1200 has a simple clasp

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
1200T also could be slightly thicker and heavier due to higher pressure rating. 300T could be more flushed on wrist meaning more comfortable for some. You can't go wrong with either models, so go with what you like. My first Doxa was an Orange 1200T and I love it, but I also added a 300 50th Anniversary later on.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
It's a nice looking watch with a nicer clasp, no off sides HE valve you don't need, I like that flair on the bracelet near the end links. Unfortunate about the painted crown, but not a deal breaker. I wouldn't be looking at resale value on one of these, just enjoy it. The bezel shows micro scratches on the polished section and the paint can wear thin with wear, but wear that with pride. Buy that and invest the same amount and call it a day.

·
Registered
Lately: Omega Seamaster Professional Divers 300
3,866 Posts
Looking back at original issues and not re-issues, the 300 had a slimmer case and bezel. I wish they were still using the slimmer case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: middlepath
1 - 8 of 8 Posts