WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
The functions are the same, but the materials are different. The first is a like a random G, whereas the second is premium. The 5000 has a full metal body with a screwback, covered with resin. The 5610 has a backplate with 4 screws and a full plastic body. Also, the 5000 has a diamond like coating (dlc) on the metal body and resin from a much better quality. So the strap is less stiff. Due to the metal body, the 5000 weighs more too.
The price is quite bit higher. Decide for yourself if it's worth it. I absolutely love the the metal, the premium resin and the screwback, so I would pay the extra bucks.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The functions are the same, but the materials are different. The first is a like a random G, whereas the second is premium. The 5000 has a full metal body with a screwback, covered with resin. The 5610 has a backplate with 4 screws and a full plastic body. Also, the 5000 has a diamond like coating (dlc) on the metal body and resin from a much better quality. So the strap is less stiff. Due to the metal body, the 5000 weighs more too.
The price is quite bit higher. Decide for yourself if it's worth it. I absolutely love the the metal, the premium resin and the screwback, so I would pay the extra bucks.

Maybe if I get a better job I would consider it... for now I'm happy with 5610-1

·
Registered
144 Posts
Also the GW-5000-1JF is made in Japan which commands a more premium price as well. The other one is made in a Casio factory outside Japan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Although functionally the same, the difference in the material and fit & finish is significant. It all comes down to whether you are after pure functionality or something that feels more special when handled. Also, don't forget that the GW-5000 is an homage to the original G-Shock that had screwback constructions as well, and there is something special about that nostalgic factor

·
Registered
493 Posts
Although functionally the same, the difference in the material and fit & finish is significant. It all comes down to whether you are after pure functionality or something that feels more special when handled. Also, don't forget that the GW-5000 is an homage to the original G-Shock that had screwback constructions as well, and there is something special about that nostalgic factor
In addition: if you want a real hommage, go for a DW-5000 version. Pretty basic functionality (non atomic solar), but with metal body and screwback. And with a bit more color in it than the GW-5000.
One problem: they don't produce the DW-5000 very often. And the price is not low, because those are collectables...

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
In addition: if you want a real hommage, go for a DW-5000 version. Pretty basic functionality (non atomic solar), but with metal body and screwback. And with a bit more color in it than the GW-5000.
One problem: they don't produce the DW-5000 very often. And the price is not low, because those are collectables...

Just thought I'd point out that these are actually not that hard to find. The anniversary models can be a bit more costly, but the 2001 re-issue actually pops up on yahoo japan auction quite often, and can be had for about $150 USD

·
Registered
493 Posts
Just thought I'd point out that these are actually not that hard to find. The anniversary models can be a bit more costly, but the 2001 re-issue actually pops up on yahoo japan auction quite often, and can be had for about $150 USD
Oh? Last time I looked, they went for over 250. 150 is a reasonable price.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Oh? Last time I looked, they went for over 250. 150 is a reasonable price.

Have a look here, a list of finished auctions and their selling price

ヤフオク! - 「dw-5000-1jf」の落札相場 - 新品、中古品(終了分)

They do vary greatly in price, but if you are patient, you can find one at a good price. I got one that needed new straps for ~10,000 JPY and one still with the clear back sticker for ~15,000 JPY

·
Registered
493 Posts
Have a look here, a list of finished auctions and their selling price

ヤフオク! - 「dw-5000-1jfã€�ã�®è�½æœ.相å.´ - æ–°å“�ã€�ä¸.å�¤å“�(終了分)

They do vary greatly in price, but if you are patient, you can find one at a good price. I got one that needed new straps for ~10,000 JPY and one still with the clear back sticker for ~15,000 JPY
I got my DW5000-SL new for 80 € (incl. shipping) in 2010 (watch was released in 2008). Highest bid on Ebay. Offer was not open worldwide, so I got lucky.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got mine for 4 years now,, wear it say 3-4 days per week,, it's strap begin to crack,, where can i buy the strap for this beauty? Thanks

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-UL00 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
If you want the awesomeness of the 3159 module and like that feather light watch feel, the 5610 style resin case is a great pick.
If you don't mind the feel of a half a roll of quarters strapped to your wrist all day then get the 5000,
plus you'll get that added benefit knowing that one day in the future your 5000 frame will be auctioned off .......carrying on the legacy of Casio.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Only differences are the bezel and strap material, and the screwball DLC.

Sent from my ASUS_X008DC using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts