WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

What is the difference between GW9200 & GW9200J riseman?
I noticed the back plate picture is different.
One is the pic of dragon and the other one is that of a stingray.
Which one is produced first and are there any other significant difference between those two?
Thanks in advance.
Coz I am looking to purchase one of the riseman and this thing came up.

Cheers.
Dynosaur

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
dynosaur said:
What is the difference between GW9200 & GW9200J riseman?
Strictly speaking, the only difference between the two is the J designation at the end; this is intended to identify the particular market the model will be sold in, and does not indicate any difference in technical specification.

I noticed the back plate picture is different.
One is the pic of dragon and the other one is that of a stingray.
Now this paints a clearer picture of your query.

The dragon caseback is the G-9200; this is the more affordable non-atomic version. The flying squirrel (not stingray) caseback is the GW-9200; this is the more expensive atomic (Multiband 6) version.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thank you very much for the explanation.
Appreciate it.
So what about the picture below? It has dragon case back and said GW 9200.

IMG_0024_zps18630ec1.jpg

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
As far as I understand it, all Risemans (GW-9200 and G-9200) outside of the Japanese market have the dragon, all JDM versions have the flying squirrel. Mine is the GW-9200-1ER (European market version) and it has the dragon.

·
Registered
20,571 Posts
The "Dragon" can display temperature, altitude, baro in both systems.

Reactions: dynosaur

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I have both but my Dragon is the non-atomic G-9200-1DR. Here in Singapore, we all use metres, HPa, degrees celsius so it doesn't matter even if it's the JDM version.

G-9200-1DR "Rising Dragon".

GW-9200J-1JF "Flying Squirrel".

Reactions: dynosaur

·
Registered
96 Posts
are all risemans now made in thailand? I read some posts where some ppl showed their risemans having been made in Japan, or it says Japan in the caseback.

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
are all risemans now made in thailand? I read some posts where some ppl showed their risemans having been made in Japan, or it says Japan in the caseback.
After the flood in Thailand that destroyed the old Casio factory the production for all the "Master of G" models like Gulfman, Riseman and Mudman was shifted to Japan (the Frogman is made in Japan anyway). Production might be shifted back to Thailand now that the new Casio plant is up and running. My Riseman has "Japan Y" on the back but my G-9300 Mudman is "Made in Thailand" so it's an older model.

cheers, Sedi :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Thanks for the reply Sedi, I'm looking to get a riseman through amazon, any idea if they are selling made in japan ones or thailand ones? If i order through casio im pretty sure theirs would be made in thailand models since the flood happened awhile ago. Thanks for your help.

After the flood in Thailand that destroyed the old Casio factory the production for all the "Master of G" models like Gulfman, Riseman and Mudman was shifted to Japan (the Frogman is made in Japan anyway). Production might be shifted back to Thailand now that the new Casio plant is up and running. My Riseman has "Japan Y" on the back but my G-9300 Mudman is "Made in Thailand" so it's an older model.

cheers, Sedi :)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Thanks for the reply Sedi, I'm looking to get a riseman through amazon, any idea if they are selling made in japan ones or thailand ones? If i order through casio im pretty sure theirs would be made in thailand models since the flood happened awhile ago. Thanks for your help.
Bought a GW-9200 Riseman from Amazon last Wednesday, received it two days ago on Friday. It says "Japan Y" on the back. It's down to $131 right now, not a bad deal. Was around $140 for a long time.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Thanks michi098, I've been watching the riseman from amazon for awhile. Did u get yours with a plastic wrapper and price tag on the watch? i read amazon sells returns as new. But I might pull the trigger now that u confirmed it says Japan Y on the back. Would you happen to know the difference between a "made in japan" or "japan y" on the back? Thanks

Bought a GW-9200 Riseman from Amazon last Wednesday, received it two days ago on Friday. It says "Japan Y" on the back. It's down to $131 right now, not a bad deal. Was around $140 for a long time.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Thanks michi098, I've been watching the riseman from amazon for awhile. Did u get yours with a plastic wrapper and price tag on the watch? i read amazon sells returns as new. But I might pull the trigger now that u confirmed it says Japan Y on the back. Would you happen to know the difference between a "made in japan" or "japan y" on the back? Thanks
Mine did not come in a plastic wrapper nor did it have the cardboard tag with the string on the watch. But it came in the regular box and tin and foam with manual, yellow paper, warranty card etc. You think that was a return? It was in absolutely immaculate condition, no finger prints scratches or anything else. It had also not been synced since late last year. Should it had come in plastic and tag? I know my 5610 did... Here two pics of it.

Riseman 1.jpg Riseman 2.jpg

·
Registered
96 Posts
Thanks for the pics michi, yours look absolutely mint. I dont mean to scare you but I just read that amazon sometimes does that somewhere on this forum. If your a collector you might want the plastic bag and price tag with string attached to the watch when receiving the gshock because that is how they come if you were to order directly from casio. Did you receive the round tin or black octagon tin? Plus I think ordering through amazon is safe bc if u were to find any discrepancies with the watch u can simply send it back for a return or exchange. I dont think you have anything to worry about with yours. Thanks for your help and the pics!

Mine did not come in a plastic wrapper nor did it have the cardboard tag with the string on the watch. But it came in the regular box and tin and foam with manual, yellow paper, warranty card etc. You think that was a return? It was in absolutely immaculate condition, now finger prints scratches or anything else. It had also not been synced since late last year. Should it had come in plastic and tag? I know my 5610 did... Here two pics of it.

View attachment 1140030 View attachment 1140031

·
Registered
194 Posts
I buy stuff from Amazon all the time, and you are right, they DO resell returned items. But as you said, they'll also take it back without blinking an eye, so I guess it's fair.

I'm not a collector as most here are. I just accumulate Casio's and enjoy looking at them :) I don't get them to resell them some day, so I guess it doesn't matter that it doesn't have the plastic bag and tag, although it does bother me now that I didn't get them...

I got it in the black octagonal tin inside a black square cardboard box.

Thanks for the pics michi, yours look absolutely mint. I dont mean to scare you but I just read that amazon sometimes does that somewhere on this forum. If your a collector you might want the plastic bag and price tag with string attached to the watch when receiving the gshock because that is how they come if you were to order directly from casio. Did you receive the round tin or black octagon tin? Plus I think ordering through amazon is safe bc if u were to find any discrepancies with the watch u can simply send it back for a return or exchange. I dont think you have anything to worry about with yours. Thanks for your help and the pics!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I think for the trade off of getting a "Japan" model, missing a couple of minor items is no big deal. I hope I am lucky enough like you to get a Japan model also. In the amazon description pic it shows the back case as being made in thailand.

I buy stuff from Amazon all the time, and you are right, they DO resell returned items. But as you said, they'll also take it back without blinking an eye, so I guess it's fair.

I'm not a collector as most here are. I just accumulate Casio's and enjoy looking at them :) I don't get them to resell them some day, so I guess it doesn't matter that it doesn't have the plastic bag and tag, although it does bother me now that I didn't get them...

I got it in the black octagonal tin inside a black square cardboard box.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts