WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys it's my first time posting on the WUS forum. I am currently looking for a cheap skeleton watch and decided on getting the Seagull M182SK. Now I am trying to decide where to buy it from, the good-stuffs website or the official Seagull website. The M182SK on the good-stuffs website is $100 cheaper than the one from the official dealer. I was wondering what the difference between those two watches is, aside from the warranty. Also, is the warranty really worth it? If something happens within 2 years I could just buy another M182SK from the good-stuffs website and only end up paying like 30$ more... By the way, I live in the US.
Also do you guys prefer the blue or black version of the watch? :)

TL;DR: What is the difference between the M182SK from the official Seagull dealer and the good-stuffs website.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Blue hands version, if that is what you mean. More readable, and it looks great.

I bought a seagull from seagullwatchstore and it went smoothly. They state they have a 1 year warranty. See my earlier review in this forum. Have not bought from good - stuffs but I think others have, and believe they are a seagull ebay seller too.

Both sites have the same price. Both are china-based.

There is now an Amazon seller of seagull watches, too. Fullfilled by amazon...so amazon stocks them for the seller.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I meant the usseagull website. I believe that is the official Seagull website for the US. On there, the watch is $239 compared to $139 on the good-stuffs website...

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
USSG site gives you a warranty in the US with a US vendor. Good-Stuffs is $100 cheaper for no warranty.

·
Premium Member
22,578 Posts
USSG site gives you a warranty in the US with a US vendor. Good-Stuffs is $100 cheaper for no warranty.
Good-stuffs will warranty your watch, but you'll have to ship it back to China.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have not bought from usaseagull. They do not stock the model I bought.Their website shows both black and blue M182sk models on backorder. Email them to check availability and the current price.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, so you are basically paying $100 more for the 2 year warranty... Do the watches from the usseagull and good-stuffs have the same quality (quality control)?

·
Registered
165 Posts
I recently bought a M182SK with blue hands from China. The built quality was excellent. However, I found that the crystal to be very reflective. Combined with the reflection of the decorated movement, I find the watch really hard to read. It does look very beautiful, but not as practical as my other watches.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the help guys :) I ended up ordering from usseagull. The watch should be on the way now :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts