WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
I have finally decided to go ahead and buy Casio G-Shock Rangeman GPR-B1000
However I see the $800 watch has been replaced by GPR-B1000-1JR in amazon with price tag of $900 approx.
I tried to do google to identify what the difference are but none of the articles were quite clear.

Does anyone here know the
Difference between Rangeman GPR-B1000-1B ($800) & GPR-B1000-1JR ($929) watch ?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I am going to take a stab at this: My guess is that its simply the part number for the model coming out of Japan, from a Japanese vendor, as evident in the Amazon listing with the "Japan Import" in the title. Otherwise, its the same as the GPRB1000-1 for US models.

·
Premium Member
8,273 Posts
You are comparing two different model numbers here. The GPR-B1000-1 is the BLACK strap Rangeman, with red accents.

The GPR-B1000-1B is the GREEN strap version with yellow accents.

The last two letters (JR, DR, etc.) only refer to the market for which the watch is intended. JR = the Japan market. If comparing, for example, the GPR-B1000-1DR and the GPR-B1000-1JR, there is NO difference in the watches, only perhaps a small difference in packaging.

Don’t be like some people and pay a lot more for the Japan market version. You are basically wasting your money. Even if you sell the watch later, you are unlikely to get more for it just because it is a “JR” version. At least, my experience selling Gs in the U.S. suggests that Japan versions will NOT bring in extra money, 99% of the time. (unless they are rare or LE in some way)

·
Premium Member
8,273 Posts
Thanks guys then how come there seem to be $100 price difference
Ps: Celsius is what we are used to so pretty happy , however for baro used to Bar but hpa is not big deal

referring to this link by the way

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079VB8BW7/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1_1_1?smid=A1EA7WD4UWFQZ&psc=1

Different sellers charge different prices. If you look on ebay, you'll find GPR Rangeman prices all over the place - as you will with just about any g-shock.

Also, the green strap version may be more limited than the black - and if so sellers will charge more.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts