WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooooo, i'm a newbie to this Frogman thing....I have a question...i see Frogs like this...
model number gw 200TC-4v

then, i see this Frog...

listed in this model number-gw 200tc-4cr

can someone tell me the difference...ive seen all the triple crown models listed this way...3v vs 3cr, 2v vs 2cr

any help would be appreciatedsantasmile

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,587 Posts
Hi pdxgti8v,

You only have to concentrate on teh cipher in the suffix on this one. -4 is red band, -3 is green band and -2 is blue (navy) watchband. I believ most are listed as -4V, which is them most common notation of an US or EU model. In the factory the same Frogs get different stickers with a different suffix depending on shipping location I guess.

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi pdxgti8v,

You only have to concentrate on teh cipher in the suffix on this one. -4 is red band, -3 is green band and -2 is blue (navy) watchband. I believ most are listed as -4V, which is them most common notation of an US or EU model. In the factory the same Frogs get different stickers with a different suffix depending on shipping location I guess.

Cheers,

Sjors
Thanks for the info Sjors!! I was assuming that the different end designations, such as 3CR versus 3V might indicate whether the watch was japanese made or made in some other country? well, i ordered a GW-200TC-3CR today from jj watches on ebay, the ad says its Japanese made...i REALLY cant wait to receive it!!!...hey Sjors, is that "g-shockland" website yours? it helped me so much in deciding which model to buy as a daily wearer, which is the one i just bought, and now i can start collecting the rare and unusual ones....perhaps someone can tell me this also...is casio going to continue manufacturing the Frogman? or has it been replaced by the Mudman?

Cheeers everyone,
Brad

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,587 Posts
Hi Brad,

All Frogman are made in Japan. I have the -3DR version, which is the same as yours;-)

I assume you mean G-Peopleland since I can't find g-shockland (would have been a cool name too). Yep, I'm the same Sjors.

Actually nobody knowa what's going to happen with the Frogman line. Rumors told tha the GW-206K (the I.C.E.R.C. model of 2006) would be the last in the GW-200 line. Since the Frogman is most popular under collectors since 1993, I think Casio will prolong the Frogman saga with an improved model. Well, at least I hope that.

Cheers,

Sjors

1 - 4 of 4 Posts