WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all! Just got my first Doxa and it's a 750T Pro. While I did my due diligence and am pretty confident that fakes do not exist yet, I am wondering how come the face on my Doxa differs from the standard ones out there--one thing that stands out is that according to Dr. Millar, the 750T lettering does not have a space between SUB and 750T as in below,

However, the watch I bought looks like it has the lettering similar to the Searamblers with a space between the SUB and 750T as in the pic of the actual watch below.

Also, while the links in some of the pics I've seen have arrows on the inside showing the direction of the threads, my bracelet links do not have any. It came with the tube, the warranty card, an extra bracelet, and the remaining links. So did I get one with a typo? Should I be worried guys?

EDIT: Ronbo: Thanks for the typo call! :-!

·
Registered
641 Posts
There were some that were made at that time with the space between the SUB and 750T, and the were some that had no space. The watches are made in batches as needed, and that is just a slight design change that was made between batches.

Cheers,
Andy

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I know this pics :think:
Did you win it on ebay? If it's that one, I wanted to bid on it but I couldn't log in for some reason. By the time I logged in it was over (1 min late) o|
I wouldn't worry about it. It looks legit to me.
I even remember the pic of the case back (if its the one I saw on ebay last week) |>
My sub 1200t has the space and doesn't have the arrows inside the bracelet.
Like Poorman said is probably a late cosmetic change

·
Banned
1,696 Posts
It looks more like ...>

There's no space between the "SUB" and "750" not the "750" and the "T". But maybe my eyes are going. Either way CONGRATS on a cool variation. Cheers-Ronbo :-!

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
The lack of a space between the Sub and 750 is one of those things that you see in a truly Limited production, as things like dials are produced in small batches. It's one of those things I love about Doxa.

The arrows you saw are from the earlier 750s. They had pin and collar link connectors. These were dropped, in favor of screws with the introduction of the GMT.

Joe

·
Registered
4,062 Posts
As stated, the early SUB 750Ts' did not have the space while the later versions did. The reason that there are no arrows on the back of the bracelet is beacuse your bracelet is the screwed links as apposed to the pin and collar links. The arrows are not to indicate the direction of the thread but rather to show which direction to push the pins out. Again, the earlier bracelets were pin and collar and the later (like yours) screws.

If you are still not convinced please send the watch to me and I will dispose of it as a replica...I'll even pay for shipping! :-d

·
Registered
4,062 Posts
The lack of a space between the Sub and 750 is one of those things that you see in a truly Limited production, as things like dials are produced in small batches. It's one of those things I love about Doxa.

The arrows you saw are from the earlier 750s. They had pin and collar link connectors. These were dropped, in favor of screws with the introduction of the GMT.

Joe
You beat me by 1 minute...|>

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As stated, the early SUB 750Ts' did not have the space while the later versions did. The reason that there are no arrows on the back of the bracelet is beacuse your bracelet is the screwed links as apposed to the pin and collar links. The arrows are not to indicate the direction of the thread but rather to show which direction to push the pins out. Again, the earlier bracelets were pin and collar and the later (like yours) screws.

If you are still not convinced please send the watch to me and I will dispose of it as a replica...I'll even pay for shipping! :-d
Where do I send it? :think:

:-d

·
Registered
801 Posts
On Dr. Millar's site, when he reviewed the early 750T, he comments about the lack of space between 'sub' and 750t' on the face - later ones have a space, but there are clearly real ones out there with no space, as reviewed on his site -

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know this pics :think:
Did you win it on ebay? If it's that one, I wanted to bid on it but I couldn't log in for some reason. By the time I logged in it was over (1 min late) o|
I wouldn't worry about it. It looks legit to me.
I even remember the pic of the case back (if its the one I saw on ebay last week) |>
My sub 1200t has the space and doesn't have the arrows inside the bracelet.
Like Poorman said is probably a late cosmetic change
Yep! This was that one! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts