WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a recent run of good fortune and am now the owner of two very nice DJ41s which I really like.

One has a fluted white gold bezel with silver index dial and jubilee bracelet.

The other has a stainless smooth bezel with oyster bracelet and slate index dial.

Are these watches different enough that it makes sense to keep both? I'm not sure I could pick a "favorite" between them.

·
Registered
30,250 Posts
They look very different to me, the smooth Bezel and Oyster bracelet makes the watch so much more tooly.

·
Premium Member
Rolex, Tudor, Doxa, Seiko
155 Posts
IMHO I would swap the bracelets. The one with the fluted bezel has enough "flair" on the bezel and the oyster bracelet would tone it down a bit. On the other hand, the one with the smooth bezel is too plain and by adding some "flair" with the jubilee bracelet it would balance it out.

OH yes! definitely keep both!

·
Registered
Breitling, Cartier, Rolex (x2), Sinn
203 Posts
Definitely different enough in my eyes. Assuming you like and wear both, why sell/trade?

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IMHO I would swap the bracelets. The one with the fluted bezel has enough "flair" on the bezel and the oyster bracelet would tone it down a bit. On the other hand, the one with the smooth bezel is too plain and by adding some "flair" with the jubilee bracelet it would balance it out.

OH yes! definitely keep both!
Another reason to keep both, it will allow me to have additional options by swapping the bracelets!

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
If you like them then I don't see why not. There are lots of people that have multiple Submariners, Daytonas, etc.

I probably would want the fluted/jubilee version in 36mm for a bit more differentiation myself, but just in principle I see nothing wrong with owning both of those watches.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
I don't agree with swapping bracelets. But that's not up to me! To me - it is two different watches. However, if you feel like you're putting on the same watch between the two def move on. Or even if you feel like you're reaching for but prefer the attributes of the other I would move one.

But two different watches in many aspects

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I could see a reason to keep both. What other watches do you have? Any "holes" in your collection? Anything else interest you?
Actually the hole in my collection has for too long been something like the DJ, i.e., something other than a dive watch or a GMT watch.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
First of all, the fluted-silver-jubileee you have is very nice!
I think the Datejust is a wonderful watch, and they ALL look good!
A month ago I even had a 126300 with smooth-silver-oyster combination but am down to these three....
I'm considering selling the one on the left, and if I ever want to change the blue dial to silver, I can just send it in.
(I love Rolex's silver dials)

·
Premium Member
15,610 Posts
I don't agree with swapping bracelets. But that's not up to me! To me - it is two different watches. However, if you feel like you're putting on the same watch between the two def move on. Or even if you feel like you're reaching for but prefer the attributes of the other I would move one.

But two different watches in many aspects
Agreed. The two watches look very different. I also concur with NOT swapping bracelets as the 18K WG bezel looks best with Jubilee bracelet whereas the polished bezel pairs best with Oyster bracelet.

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
Is there another watch that you'd want more than either of these? (Serious question.) If you answer yes, then you might eventually part with one. If no, then I would wear the fluted-bezel one and use the other as a beater. ;) (Also, I second the idea of swapping those bracelets.)

Reactions: karwath

·
Registered
776 Posts
I think you absolutely COULD keep both. But if it were up to me I'd keep the smooth bezel and get something to hold the spot of the other that is a bit more different. BUT there's truly nothing wrong with keeping both. They are different enough, if that's what you prefer.

·
Registered
773 Posts
If you can't pick a favorite, and if you enjoy using both, then keep both. Maybe some day you'll decide to trade one of them for something else that strikes your fancy, and then you'll find out which one is your favorite :)

·
Registered
513 Posts
The DateJust line is very diverse, it’s very much alright to keep both as they look like they were from two separate collections.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Same watch, different format. You will get bored.

Flip a coin on which to sell. If you agree with the decision, then seek it. If you disagree, then you have your answer on which to move.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts