WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
They are very different, though related IMO. Kind of like two brothers/sisters that you don't recognize as being from the same family until they stand next to each other.

I'd keep them both.....

·
Registered
115 Posts
I would keep them both as they are both very different, but if I had to keep one only it would be the fluted bezel and jubilee just a killer looking classic Rolex.

·
Registered
11,048 Posts

Swap the Rhodium dial/movement with the Silver dial/movement and you've got the 1 perfect DJ41 to keep for a lifetime.

Should take a qualified watchmaker about 20 minutes.

Reactions: karwath

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Make one of your DJ a dress watch by changing it to a leather strap. That way you can have both for different purposes. Just my 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
10,601 Posts
Different and complementary. Dial color, bezel and bracelet. Keep both.

if the hour indices were also different, perfect.

·
Premium Member
12,930 Posts
I think they offer very different looks. But since you’re asking you are probably already 1/2 way there to letting one of them go.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Could you post side by side photo of these two?
I would keep both until you get a chance to get another model then flip one or the other.
As others said grey is sporty, white is dressy so they can defitinely coexist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
If you like both keep both! Different bracelets, bezels, and dials - they could easily suit multiple different use cases based on the type of activity, wardrobe, etc.

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Could you post side by side photo of these two?
I would keep both until you get a chance to get another model then flip one or the other.
As others said grey is sporty, white is dressy so they can defitinely coexist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
10,435 Posts
Absolutely different enough, to justify keeping them both. Keep both, wear both, enjoy both. (y) :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
No way are they different enough to keep both. If they were, I doubt you would ask. Sure we can look them and analyze all the differences but we’re forum nerds.

Truth is they are the same watch...plain and simple. The question is, do you want to collect DJ41’s in various dial, bezel, bracelet configurations? Are you a DJ collector? If not, then I suggest that you quit trying to justify keeping both. Move one on and move on.

Btw, if you are a DJ collector...wouldn’t you want to collect a variety of generations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
258 Posts
Plenty of people have multiples of watches that look a LOT less different than those two. Just keep both of them.

I won’t stink up your thread with pictures of them, but I have two Citizen Promaster Tough that are the same watch, minus the finish (one silver and one black).

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
No way are they different enough to keep both. If they were, I doubt you would ask. Sure we can look them and analyze all the differences but we’re forum nerds.

Truth is they are the same watch...plain and simple. The question is, do you want to collect DJ41’s in various dial, bezel, bracelet configurations? Are you a DJ collector? If not, then I suggest that you quit trying to justify keeping both. Move one on and move on.

Btw, if you are a DJ collector...wouldn’t you want to collect a variety of generations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have in the past caught myself collecting “the same watch” with different dials.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts