WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
After scrolling through endless google-pics I think it's not a dive computer - but I couldn't find anything else that even looks close. I was thinking it might be a GPS-watch and the protrusion is the antenna but I couldn't find one that looks like it either. Maybe it's just a prop. I hope somebody else might be able to identify it - and welcome to the forum!
A good site is also watchesinmovies.info but "Gravity" is not yet listed.

cheers, Sedi :)

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
Only thing I did was a google search with the term "dive computer" or "Suunto" - you'll find plenty of big watches.
If it doesn't need to be too close in style but big with big display - I can recommend the Timex T49950 and T44951:
it doesn't get much bigger than this I think:

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
Thanks Sedi, your knowledge and range of reference is impressive. That link is somewhat confusing however

Thanks again
The link is confusing? Just click in the middle and you get to the main page - there you can scroll through the various watches that have been used in space. I know that there was a very good thread here on the forum about watches in space but I can't find it - I think it was posted my member "Schirra".

edit: oops, I just noticed that the site I linked to is in fact Schirra's homepage :-d.

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
I wonder if I e-mail the studio behind Gravity and ask them, will they respond?
I'd give it a try. Or try finding out through the credits of the movie who did the costums. If you can then find the email adress of that person I guess he/she might be more than happy to answer the question (usually people like talking about their work). It's worth a try - if you do - please keep us updated.

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
Hi everyone new here and loved the movie. Would really like to get my hands on the watch. However I don't believe it may be a watch that can be found. I've included a snip of the watch from the movie and it looks like it may be cgi seeing that her hands look like cgi.

View attachment 1308038
Ah, that's probably the best screenshot so far and you're right - looks like CGI. I wonder if only the display is CGI (like the "BVLGARI" in "Minority Report" that actually was a Speedmaster X-33 with a CGI display) or the whole watch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.