WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It startet 2 years ago with a Sub 250T

but it is goneo|

So I decided to invest the money, and a I bought a Sub 600T "Clive Cussler Edition"

but it is gone too:-( because it was a little strong rocked:roll:

And today another Doxa arrived and I am absolutly satisfied:-!

...and Dirk is still here:)

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Nice collection you have there, and the 600T Dirk Pitt is a great addition :-!.

Best, Mike W.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Are there 2 different types? mine does not say dirk pitt on the face only on the back.and my aluminum case doesnt say sahara on it.can somebody explain? plus i keep great care of my doxa but i noticed fine scratches on the bezel where the orange numbers are,anyway to polish these away? any feedback is appreciated thanks.the2ster...only been 3 weeks since i got it.:)

·
Registered
620 Posts
Are there 2 different types? mine does not say dirk pitt on the face only on the back.and my aluminum case doesnt say sahara on it.can somebody explain? plus i keep great care of my doxa but i noticed fine scratches on the bezel where the orange numbers are,anyway to polish these away? any feedback is appreciated thanks.the2ster...only been 3 weeks since i got it.:)
From what I understand by reading Dr. Miller's info. There were 2 types reissued (1) Sub 600 T Pro and (2) Sub 600 T Clive Cussler Edition-Dirk Pitt. The total were to be 3000 (but they did not make 3000). Mine is like yours and it says Cliver Cussler Edition on the back. I like it that way. I think they are exactly the same otherwise. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

·
Registered
620 Posts
It startet 2 years ago with a Sub 250T

but it is goneo|

So I decided to invest the money, and a I bought a Sub 600T "Clive Cussler Edition"

but it is gone too:-( because it was a little strong rocked:roll:

And today another Doxa arrived and I am absolutly satisfied:-!

...and Dirk is still here:)
Love your pics but what do you mean by strong rocked?:think:

·
Registered
6 Posts
with "strong rocked" he means scratches all over the watch aka very strong used....

BTW Karsten I`d really liked your 250 T the watch infected me first with the doxa Virus :-!:-!:-!

Nice Pitt edition :-d

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
with "strong rocked" he means scratches all over the watch aka very strong used....

BTW Karsten I`d really liked your 250 T the watch infected me first with the doxa Virus :-!:-!:-!

Nice Pitt edition :-d

The Sub 250T is still in the north of germany, I think quiet close to your location;-)
It was a great watch, but it was not made for every day use.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
From what I understand by reading Dr. Miller's info. There were 2 types reissued (1) Sub 600 T Pro and (2) Sub 600 T Clive Cussler Edition-Dirk Pitt. The total were to be 3000 (but they did not make 3000). Mine is like yours and it says Cliver Cussler Edition on the back. I like it that way. I think they are exactly the same otherwise. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

AFAIK there were two different Editions of the Sub 600T:think: but may be someone knows the real story.
I know about a "Dirk Pitt" ( the one I got know ) and I know about a "Clive Cussler" ( the one I owned before ).
I have heard a number of stories about the Limitation of the Dirk Pitt, but I am not shure which story is correct.
The Sub 750T "Dirk Pitt" only says Dirk Pitt on the back, not on the Dial:think:

·
Registered
244 Posts
The 250T, though I'm sure a very capable watch, just doesn't do it for me. Too shiny and too Zeno (anyone know whether it was Doxa or Zeno who first used those cases? :think:), but your others are fantastic! :-!

Don't you just love that 600T bracelet? :-!

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Doxa made 20 of these as a promotion for the movie Sahara, they were given away in several contests when the movie came out. IIRC, Doxa also sold a very few of these on-line, just before they switched to the Sub750 line. Back then, some people were not too happy with the 'Dirk Pitt' on the dial. They are pretty rare as Sub600 Pro's go........

Paul

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks a lot Searambler, these are some very interesting information you got:-!
I like rare watches, thats a reason why I bought this one too.
I dont think that I will loose any money with this watch;-)
First I thought I won´t come along with Dirk Pitt on the dial, but I am surprised now, I don´t care.
Even more, I like it pretty much because I know I got something special on my wrist:)

Does anyone know about exact limitation of the 600T DP???

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I don't recall Doxa releasing specific numbers of DP600's. Including the 20 Sahara ones, my personal guess would be less than a hundred total. Maybe a lot less..........:think:

As for polishing the bezel, you could try a Cape Cod polishing cloth. They are wonderful for polishing shiny stainless steel. I'd be real careful though, it may be possible to accidently polish out the orange paint in the numbers!

Or just leave it as is, like most of us do.....;-)

Congrats on a really cool watch! :-!

Paul

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks again Paul:-!

...may be less than 100, I have heard everything between 40 and 200 units, however...I like it.

I know about Cape Cod, did you use this for my Panerai, good stuff|>

Polishing the bezel is not necessary at the moment, and I am very afraid of loosing the orange colour.
If I try that, I will be more than careful;-)

regards

Karsten

·
Registered
343 Posts
thanks for the response and interesting tidbits of information. I suppose i will leave the scuff marks..this is how a beater starts i guess.I was being so careful while wearing it,it was bound to happen. the2ster :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts