WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very disappointed with the aftermarket sales support. Ordered another strap for my Hard Black and a week and a half later they email me asking for an extra 30 pounds to ship DHL because they’ve had problems with Royal Mail. They charge over $400 US plus shipping already. I told them no thanks, just refund my money. Maybe I’m being unreasonable but I’d expect a company that charges over $400 for a strap wouldn’t nickel and dime you for shipping charges.
That being said if anyone has an extra black rubber strap they don’t need, please get back to me.
Dathan
[email protected]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
823 Posts
Oh man, I'm sorry about that! It's really sad that they reacted like that.
I love their watches, but they are not doing such a great job on the aftersale services. I asked them once about changing the hands of my Oktopus carbon for a different color, and they said they were completely out of components. No word about "we're sorry we can order more in XX months", or "we'll let you know when we receive more", just a flat out "Nope".

Anyway, I think Jorn Werdelin is doing the right thing for the company by switching the sponsors to explorers and adventurers instead of throwing lavish parties, but his team needs to step up their game. I'm always on the edge of getting another LW timepiece when I see them on sale because they are just great quality and super cool.

·
Registered
428 Posts
The company seems to be very different now from the early days. I don't expect much from them anymore. Asking for more shipping money is a bad sign that either things aren't right or they just have poor customer service people. That sort of thing should be right up front.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
I totally agree with you, Dathan. And it is for sure that the strap cost them nowhere NEAR $400 to produce.

Hate the nickel-&-dime routines of mfr's and shippers.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Agreed. I have a LW and love it and am pulling for the company. But that was not the right play with the additional shipping cost request.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Just contacted again the customer service (Eloise) and she was super responsive this time and offered solutions. It says on the website that within 48h they will respond, which is good.
It doesn't change anything to the fact that they asked for extra money for shipping your strap (I still don't understand it), but hopefully it gets better with time.

·
Banned
151 Posts
Very disappointed with the aftermarket sales support. Ordered another strap for my Hard Black and a week and a half later they email me asking for an extra 30 pounds to ship DHL because they’ve had problems with Royal Mail. They charge over $400 US plus shipping already. I told them no thanks, just refund my money. Maybe I’m being unreasonable but I’d expect a company that charges over $400 for a strap wouldn’t nickel and dime you for shipping charges.
That being said if anyone has an extra black rubber strap they don’t need, please get back to me.
Dathan
[email protected]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Problems related to lock downs I guess. But yeah 400$ for a rubber strap is steep, should have atleast shipped it DHL for free for that.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I have been more on the fortunate side of their customer service. I had ordered a steel integrated bracelet (which are exceptional) and unfortunately it had a small micro nick on one of the links. I messaged them and Eloisa was very helpful, they have a local office in the US out of NY. They were able to send me a new replacement strap in exchange. The shipping should have been calculated and accommodated up front. The challenge with Micro Brands is always that anomaly if they will stand by their products and services. I would give LW a pass on this one. Their watches are underrated and beautiful if I might say.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The company seems to be very different now from the early days. I don't expect much from them anymore. Asking for more shipping money is a bad sign that either things aren't right or they just have poor customer service people. That sort of thing should be right up front.
I think you are 100% here sad as I love there stuff

·
Registered
215 Posts
I agree with oOCon - all my previous dealings, albeit over 3-5yrs ago, were fantastic. Eloise was amazingly communicative and friendly and I have always found their products to be fantastic. I was surprised to read the current price of their straps - back a handful of years ago that same rubber was $240. A much more reasonable cost for the quality rubber they create. A jump to the $400 range seems quite steep - I can imagine limited production runs through their suppliers does not help with cost/quantity breaks, but wowza $400 :oops:

I imagine LW has been quiet recently as they reshape their brand. I do think their following is strong enough to continue to support them and I would anticipate an uptick in production and design in the near future. I applaud them reissuing the 3-timer.

There is no denying their uniquely incredible sporty hi-tech aesthetic...they are not watches for the masses but for a devoted few.

You count me in on the latter, cheers.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I will agree that in the relatively old days, they were a cool company. I loved the comic ads and watch designs. The Trigon is still one of my favorites. I was expecting them to continue with that sort of design and price point. But they went for a higher market. Even customer service was top notch from what I heard and my dealings with them getting catalogs and graphic novels.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I placed an order with Linde for a watch and extra straps right before the covid-19 and had to communicate with the aftermarket sales support and Eloise often due to the temporary closure of the factory. Overall, I think the communication was good in general. However, they did make a few mistakes in between but they were willing to make things up. For example, I wanted a grey rubber strap and when the shipment came in, it was a black one. I wrote to them immediately and they were apologetic and wanted to ship a grey one for exchange. I turned down the offer because I felt the black one actually looks good with the watch.

I have dealt with other brands before and for a fairly small independent brand like Linde, they are doing ok in general. However, I do believe they need to up their game if they want to expand into a big player in the current watch markert. After all, online business seems to be the key during the current climate with this covid-19.

In terms of they are charging 400 for a piece of rubber strap, it is a bit high for sure. Since I ordered a watch and a few straps and a steel bracelet all together, they did offer me a pretty good discount. However, I am not sure if I am willing to pay the full retail prices for their watches and other products next time. Don't get me wrong here, I do like their design overall and I do have my eyes on the Oktopus moonlite, but I probably will get one thru the secondary market in the future.

I still believe Linde is a good brand in general, but I also think they need to make some needed changes to keep their loyal clients.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I placed an order with Linde for a watch and extra straps right before the covid-19 and had to communicate with the aftermarket sales support and Eloise often due to the temporary closure of the factory. Overall, I think the communication was good in general. However, they did make a few mistakes in between but they were willing to make things up. For example, I wanted a grey rubber strap and when the shipment came in, it was a black one. I wrote to them immediately and they were apologetic and wanted to ship a grey one for exchange. I turned down the offer because I felt the black one actually looks good with the watch.

I have dealt with other brands before and for a fairly small independent brand like Linde, they are doing ok in general. However, I do believe they need to up their game if they want to expand into a big player in the current watch markert. After all, online business seems to be the key during the current climate with this covid-19.

In terms of they are charging 400 for a piece of rubber strap, it is a bit high for sure. Since I ordered a watch and a few straps and a steel bracelet all together, they did offer me a pretty good discount. However, I am not sure if I am willing to pay the full retail prices for their watches and other products next time. Don't get me wrong here, I do like their design overall and I do have my eyes on the Oktopus moonlite, but I probably will get one thru the secondary market in the future.

I still believe Linde is a good brand in general, but I also think they need to make some needed changes to keep their loyal clients.
Now we need to see this watch! Pictures please, sir.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts