WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...bought i Gran sport chrono a month or so ago. Been eyeing this model since -99 and finally decided on trying one out. Didn't succeed in finding one with the newer style dial and bracelet so I settled for the newer dial and rubber. Last week while on vacation abroad, didn't have my reverso with me, I surfed chrono24 and found a bracelet suitable for the Gran Sport. I emailed the dealer, told him I was new at JLC and asked if it'd match my watch. As my watch is from 2005 and I was informed that the bracelet is from the same year I assumed it was a match but alas no as apparently there was a change in casing so my bracelet fits the older case and my watch is with the newer style. Needless to say I'm quite disappointed with myself for acting so rash when buying the bracelet. I should've waited til I got back from vacation so I could've checked the references did match.

So here's a question for you. Do you know if it's possible to switch endlinks on these bracelets? If it's not, is there anyone out there interested in buying a bracelet ref 290.8.60 or trade for something fun? :)

/Kristofer

·
Registered
6 Posts
Do you still have this bracelet? Please let me know.

Thank you,

Drew
...bought i Gran sport chrono a month or so ago. Been eyeing this model since -99 and finally decided on trying one out. Didn't succeed in finding one with the newer style dial and bracelet so I settled for the newer dial and rubber. Last week while on vacation abroad, didn't have my reverso with me, I surfed chrono24 and found a bracelet suitable for the Gran Sport. I emailed the dealer, told him I was new at JLC and asked if it'd match my watch. As my watch is from 2005 and I was informed that the bracelet is from the same year I assumed it was a match but alas no as apparently there was a change in casing so my bracelet fits the older case and my watch is with the newer style. Needless to say I'm quite disappointed with myself for acting so rash when buying the bracelet. I should've waited til I got back from vacation so I could've checked the references did match.

So here's a question for you. Do you know if it's possible to switch endlinks on these bracelets? If it's not, is there anyone out there interested in buying a bracelet ref 290.8.60 or trade for something fun? :)

/Kristofer

·
Banned
929 Posts
To be really honest your watch looks hot in the rubber or leather. I tend to feel that JLC bracelets esp those in the reverso/squadra range look a little dated. A bit like how some don't like the omega SMP bracelet styling.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts