WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to fully disassemble a Link Bracelet for cleaning/polishing? My WJ1114-0 has alternating polished and brushed links and would be hard to polish all together. I can take off the "extra" links by unscrewing and sliding the other half with the barrel pin out, but halfway up the watch they do not slide out any longer and they seem to be attached on both ends with just a small access hole of some sort on the back side of the bracelet. Also, what do you use to restore the brushed portion to a near factory look?

Thanks!
Chain Fashion accessory Jewellery Watch accessory Metal
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Silver

·
Banned
29 Posts
To create the satin finish you will need a brush mop. Fine or Medium will be OK, I prefere fine. The finish will be identical to that found on the TAG Heuer bracelets. Cousins UK - Satinweb Fibril Wheels (for a Matt Finish)

You do not need to disassemble the bracelet for refurb or to clean and you will find the whole process takes no time at all using a polishing machine. Polished finishes are a different story...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.