WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wanting to buy a Stowa Marine 36 for the longest time but it's a little over my budget. Does Stowa ever offer sales at any time of the year?

·
Moderator at Large
53,151 Posts
Sometimes they do, here

and in the winter time (Stowa Adventskalender).

The watches sell very fast. You should subscribe to their newsletter.

·
Registered
9,542 Posts
Yes, Mike is pretty much correct.
Normally Stowa also does a sale of lightly-used pieces right after big trade events that they attend (i.e. they sell the models used to showcase the brand in that event), but since nowadays there are no events to speak of, those sales are unlikely. That leaves the advent calendar (a 24 day sale, different watch model every day).

·
Registered
116 Posts
Stowa doesn't really discount or have notable sales, and their prices do go up regularly with inflation.

If you do decide to save up or extend your budget, that should give you some comfort knowing you will not miss out on a lower price and Stowa is protecting the resale value of your watch.

It's a lovely watch if you do decide to get it. I've always been irritated that the handwind is significantly more expensive than the automatic. I understand why they do it, but it just seems so illogical that it irritates me.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Hi. I’m likewise s fan of the marine 36. They do have a winter sale which starts around the 2nd week (more or less) of December. I strongly suggest you register and subscribe to them. I think you likewise receive a EUR10 (can’t remember it is 10) for first time registrants.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I consider the Stowa watches to be 'always on sale'. After all, there are no middlemen marking up the price. When you buy a Stowa, you are getting it at a wholesale price. Speaking of the Marine 36, here is my brand new one that arrived yesterday. I now have two Stowas - they are my most treasured timepieces!

Rick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts