WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering what type of discounts you are able to get at your ADs? I have been in the market for Seamaster 300 in black with a bracelet for about a week now. We have two ADS for Omega in the Virginia Beach area. My spend history is about 12-15000 at the primary AD where I shop - this has been split between watch services and new watch purchases.

My brand is Tudor - and I never before ask for discounts or a percentage off before at this AD

I stopped in - talked with the sales rep about my interest in the watch. I had not worked with her before but was sure to drop the other reps name when she asked me what I was currently wearing. We talked for about 15 minutes prior to asking her what the best out the door price she could do. She said had to ask as she had been reprimanded for giving “too deep of a discount”. She comes back 3 minutes later and says the BEST she can do is 5% off the 5200 list price.

I was quite shocked it was that low. I thanked her for her time and said I would need to think about it. She then started saying how everyone is trying to pinch their pennies but that these watches are going for 5200 without discounts

I was dumbfounded l... I read quite often of people getting larger discounts - sometimes paying $4400 for this watch new even after the price increase.

I then got in my car and drove to the other AD which is located in a local Mall about 20 minutes from my house. Same story - I spoke for about 15 minutes to an older salesperson who really knew their products. When the time came to ask about the price I did the exact same thing. I asked him what his lowest price out the door. His was 5200 but he would take care of the tax.. so about a 6% savings...

Are these discounts a thing if that past? Has anyone else been this unsuccessful in getting even a 10% discount ?

·
Premium Member
3,828 Posts
I was just wondering what type of discounts you are able to get at your ADs? I have been in the market for Seamaster 300 in black with a bracelet for about a week now. We have two ADS for Omega in the Virginia Beach area. My spend history is about 12-15000 at the primary AD where I shop - this has been split between watch services and new watch purchases.

My brand is Tudor - and I never before ask for discounts or a percentage off before at this AD

I stopped in - talked with the sales rep about my interest in the watch. I had not worked with before but was sure to drop the other reps name when she asked me what I was currently wearing. I told her Floy sold me this watch and one other me. We talked for about 15 minutes prior to asking her what the best out the door price she could do. She said had to ask as she had been reprimanded for giving “too deep of a discount”. She comes back 3 minutes later and says the BEST she can do is 5% off the 5200 list price.

I was quite shocked it was that low. I thanked her for her time and said I would need to think about it.She then started saying how everyone is trying to pinch their pennies but that these watches are going for 5200 without discounts

I was dumbfounded l... I read quite often of people getting larger discounts - sometimes paying $4400+ for this watch new even after the price increase.

I then got in my car and drove to the other AD which is located in a local Mall about 20 minutes from my house. Same story - I spoke for about 15 minutes to an older salesperson who really knew their products. When the time came to ask about the price I did the exact same thing. I asked him what his lowest price out the door. His was 5200 but he would take care of the tax.. so about a 6% savings...

Are these discounts a thing if that past? Has anyone else been this unsuccessful in getting even a 10% discount ?
Call Rob at Topper Jewelers for the Omegas. He will give you a great deal. I got 18% off the Omega AT World Timer, which is a bit harder to get. Yes, I had done business with him before, but for a black Seamaster 300M, I imagine you'd get just as good if not a better discount. They are a sponsor of this site, might want to mention you post here. May help.

Reactions: Ewose

·
Premium Member
5,747 Posts
Most ADs offer at least 15% on Omega from my experience. You could probably get in touch with Govberg jewelers/topper jewelers/buy pre-owned using watchrecon.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Bummer you don’t live in LA. I could’ve reffered you to my local AD. I bought a new SMP earlier this year from them for $4300 including taxes.

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
x2 for toppers, but you should go back to your AD and tell the manager if you dont get 12 to 15% off of omega , you are going to have to find a new AD, especially with your spend history. And really its not that hard to find a good omega AD. Ask them it they got accidentally thought they were a rolex AD.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I would try Jimmy Inglish at Feldmar Watches. I got a great deal on a new Bremont with him.
“Has anyone ever got a discount on an Apple?”

“I once got a discount on an orange”

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've heard of a few in Cali doing 20-25 and a few times 30

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,481 Posts
Last July, I managed to get an impressive 36.5% off this beauty! I suspect the AD was having a bigger than usual sale, due to the downturn in business, because of the Covid-19 pandemic. Typically, around 10 - 15 % is what is achievable, here in the UK.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
This year there have been a few posts like this that suggest Omega discounts are drying up. My guess is they have their eye on the discount culture and reduced their supplies slightly to ADs. A model that works very well with Tudor watches.

A few years ago you could see all the Omega staples in the windows of stores and quite often the big hitters were also on display in cabinets inside the store. More recently the availability hasn't been as good. The Seamaster is their big seller and I rarely see ALL variants in my local ad. They've only had one NTTD since it was released. They rarely have a blue and black side by side in the window. This reduces your chance of getting a discount as they can simply tell you its their last one in stock. When I bought mine I had to wait a few weeks for the black model to come back into stock which made a discount a bit more awkward. It wasn't a long wait but its the first time ive waited for an Omega.

Im not saying discounts are over. Theyre just harder to get and you have push a bit more. We'll get used to it I guess. When the Tudor black bay was released, they were available with discounts albeit small ones. Nowadays youre lucky to get 5% on their core models like the Black bay.

·
Registered
12,760 Posts
In general, there are a bunch of factors that are in play, the AD, the particular watch, your history, the weather, the phase of the moon, etc.

I've gotten half off a Longines from an AD that they had just received, and then the same AD would only give me 5% off a Hamilton that had been in their display case for at least a year. And I've spent thousands there over the years. To me, there doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason. If you know what you want, go to one of the other ADs mentioned here and don't look back.

·
Premium Member
3,828 Posts
In general, there are a bunch of factors that are in play, the AD, the particular watch, your history, the weather, the phase of the moon, etc.

I've gotten half off a Longines from an AD that they had just received, and then the same AD would only give me 5% off a Hamilton that had been in their display case for at least a year. And I've spent thousands there over the years. To me, there doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason. If you know what you want, go to one of the other ADs mentioned here and don't look back.
I got great deals on a couple of watches from one AD, but then didn't respond to one text and now I am persona non grata. As it turns out, I wasn't likely to buy from their store anymore anyway, cause my tastes have changed, but still. I enjoyed going in there and Bsing with them.

Reactions: rfortson

·
Registered
494 Posts
I would try Jimmy Inglish at Feldmar Watches. I got a great deal on a new Bremont with him.
Feldmar is great. Edgar looked after me when purchasing an Omega there last year.
Bummer you don’t live in LA. I could’ve reffered you to my local AD. I bought a new SMP earlier this year from them for $4300 including taxes.
Same on an SMP from Feldmar over the phone about three months ago (SA Jamie). No BS. Pretty much straight to the bottom price. It took all of about five minutes to complete the purchase and two days to receive it. My local AD thought they had a captive audience and would only come off 5% (tax not included).

If you know what you want, there's definitely something to phone shopping AD's. The smart ones recognize that you can, and will, buy from whoever gives you the best price (not to mention are likely familiar with GM prices).

·
Registered
29 Posts
“Has anyone ever got a discount on an Apple?”

“I once got a discount on an orange”
Or just trying to give someone another AD option to try out. He doesn’t have to try Feldmar watches, just relaying a good watch buying experience I had.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Last visit to my local Omega AD was about 3 months ago and he still offers at least a 15-20% discount on most models. I have to check this month.

·
Premium Member
3,828 Posts
The last time i was at my AD i got a discount of 17%
See, mine was 18% (and he gave that to me right away, I didn't even ask for a discount) but not needing to pay tax or pay for next day shipping turns that into a sweet deal when the AD is in California ;-)

Reactions: Bird-Dog

·
Registered
437 Posts
Yup, I just keep shopping. The feeling of "getting a good deal", regardless if "good" means 5% or 40%, is all relative to the individual watch. So if I feel like I overpay for a watch, I'll always hate it. No point in buying something I'll always associate with a negative experience. There's more watches out there...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts