WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry to hijack the thread, but I too am looking for an AD that will offer a better discount. I have a friend who is a resident traveling back to New York this weekend and am wondering what if Watches of Switzerland is a good spot to start looking. I've spoken to a salesman over the phone, but he wants my friend to physically go into the shop to negotiate. I am from Canada, so he'll be bringing the watch back with him.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
update

Thanks for all of the replies. I was able to get the watch at a decent discount ($4500.00)with help from a friend in my area

·
Premium Member
5,074 Posts
update

Thanks for all of the replies. I was able to get the watch at a decent discount ($4500.00)with help from a friend in my area
I'm glad you were able to get one at a discount that works for you.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Your approach is all wrong. You don't ask what's the best price they can do that NEVER works! You do the math before leaving your house of how much you want off then throw a number out lower than that while negotiating and come up a little. It helps if you have cash on you and let them know that. I got 35% off my SMP 300m first time at that AD.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
that’s crazy! I literally tried 4 ADs within a 90 mile radius and the best I could get was 10%. Two of these were in Virginia Beach and the others in Richmond. One of the younger sales associates echoed what some of the people on this site said - they are really tightening up on deep discounts on popular models of Omega. Not too sure I believe that with reports like yours and people getting massive discounts.

fair point though I am a **** haggler - even though I had all that cash in my pocket I never took it out. I just countered the figure they gave me with what I wanted to pay. Long story short - I’m very happy with this watch and it still blows me away.

·
Premium Member
5,074 Posts
that’s crazy! I literally tried 4 ADs within a 90 mile radius and the best I could get was 10%. Two of these were in Virginia Beach and the others in Richmond. One of the younger sales associates echoed what some of the people on this site said - they are really tightening up on deep discounts on popular models of Omega. Not too sure I believe that with reports like yours and people getting massive discounts.

fair point though I am a **** haggler - even though I had all that cash in my pocket I never took it out. I just countered the figure they gave me with what I wanted to pay. Long story short - I’m very happy with this watch and it still blows me away.
Look, as long as you are happy that's what's important. I hope you love that watch. Thing is, you were given some advice where to get better discounts. Even Brad, an actual SA from Brent Miller and a regular here, said he PMd you. He would have likely given you a better discount.

Reactions: LosAngelesTimer

·
Registered
120 Posts
I was able to get ~20% from the AD near me for my PO. It started out at about 10%, but we kept working on them until they made the best deal.

·
Registered
Seikosha
1,181 Posts
Totally YMMV. First you have to check if that AD will ship out of town. Mine don’t.

$5000 for a speedmaster sapphire sandwich 8 months ago, after all taxes.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I was offered 10% of retail with my local Omega AD on my SMP. I could have got my SMP cheaper from another AD on the other side of the country but decided to buy local. It was a $500 difference. I think it was worth it to buy local... I guess - this and I am so impatient and don't want to wait for shipping.

·
Premium Member
39,046 Posts
Every dealer can be different in what they will, will/not do in terms of pricing. Just depends, IMHO.

I have gotten 10% discounts on a fairly regular basis if I use the same AD's, but also got lucky with my AT SkyFall and got it at 20% off because it had been in their inventory longer than they wanted it to be, so I was in the right place at the right time......

·
Registered
290 Posts
Sorry to hijack the thread, but I too am looking for an AD that will offer a better discount. I have a friend who is a resident traveling back to New York this weekend and am wondering what if Watches of Switzerland is a good spot to start looking. I've spoken to a salesman over the phone, but he wants my friend to physically go into the shop to negotiate. I am from Canada, so he'll be bringing the watch back with him.

Thanks in advance!
A local Watches of Switzerland-owned shop just told me no discounts on the Aqua Terra after I just paid full price for a 3861 Speedmaster.

Tomorrow I have the AT I wanted being delivered from Joma.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I’m still confused over how the warranty works when buying a new Omega from a grey dealer.
If I buy a new one from let’s say, Jomashop and it needs warranty work, can I take it to my local Omega Boutique and they would take care of it?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I’m still confused over how the warranty works when buying a new Omega from a grey dealer.
If I buy a new one from let’s say, Jomashop and it needs warranty work, can I take it to my local Omega Boutique and they would take care of it?
Some gray market dealers might be able to offer you the Omega warranty but with Jomashop you get their own warranty and it is not a five year like Omega’s. Any problems with the watch you will have to send it out to them and they will fix it. I have heard that they are not really good with their customers service after the sale. And I also had issues with them with a cheap quart watch, so I really don’t recommend them for anything above 1k.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Some gray market dealers might be able to offer you the Omega warranty but with Jomashop you get their own warranty and it is not a five year like Omega’s. Any problems with the watch you will have to send it out to them and they will fix it. I have heard that they are not really good with their customers service after the sale. And I also had issues with them with a cheap quart watch, so I really don’t recommend them for anything above 1k.
Interesting…the 5 year warranty is very important to me, so grey dealer would be a big NO.

·
Premium Member
6,537 Posts
So is someone like Toppers considered an Omega AD? Let's say you live in New York and you need something fixed who does that work?
yes they are and a great one to boot.
You’d send it to them and then handle the shipping to the service center. Or you can go directly to Swatch in NJ.

Reactions: JLittle
21 - 40 of 62 Posts