WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
yes they are and a great one to boot.
You’d send it to them and then handle the shipping to the service center. Or you can go directly to Swatch in NJ.
So as long as you search on the Omega website and use the store locator and they show up, then the warranty should be for 5 years / 60 months correct? They will fill everything out for you for the warranty and the watch will be in your name if it is brand new?

·
Premium Member
6,537 Posts
So as long as you search on the Omega website and use the store locator and they show up, then the warranty should be for 5 years / 60 months correct? They will fill everything out for you for the warranty and the watch will be in your name if it is brand new?
Yeah if on the Omega website it’s an official dealer = AD.

And yes re warranty. That’s what I got on my Speedy Pro from Topper. 5 year warranty + 1 more year from Topper (nice bonus) and the warranty card is in my name as it should be.

·
Premium Member
5,074 Posts
A local Watches of Switzerland-owned shop just told me no discounts on the Aqua Terra after I just paid full price for a 3861 Speedmaster.

Tomorrow I have the AT I wanted being delivered from Joma.
buy from Rob at Toppers. or Brad at Brent Millers

·
Registered
326 Posts
Interesting…the 5 year warranty is very important to me, so grey dealer would be a big NO.
Ask the grey dealer and don't just rule them all out be of what you read here. One i asked had factory warranty for all his watches. He buys bulk from an AD that AD stamps and dates all of the warranty cards and then you get the factory warranty. The only difference is the warranty begins the date he bought the watch and not you.

·
Premium Member
5,074 Posts
Ask the grey dealer and don't just rule them all out be of what you read here. One i asked had factory warranty for all his watches. He buys bulk from an AD that AD stamps and dates all of the warranty cards and then you get the factory warranty. The only difference is the warranty begins the date he bought the watch and not you.
That AD should lose his Rolex license. And then be flogged...
Edit: this was about Omega not Rolex but still not a fan of ADs selling in bulk to gray market dealers.

Reactions: jkpa

·
Registered
792 Posts
I highly recommend Toppers Jewelers in CA. I've bought many watches from Rob Caplan at Toppers. His prices are very reasonable. And in my state on the east coast, there is no sales tax. Plus free shipping.

Yes, Toppers is an Authorized Omega Dealer!
Yes, you get a full Omega warranty from Toppers.

I've bought watches from Rob at 6 pm EST and had the watch in my hands at 9 AM the next morning!

I've read so many threads about how to buy & from whom to buy Omegas. The answer is easy folks - Toppers in Burlingame, CA - the sponsor of this forum!

·
Registered
326 Posts
That AD should lose his Rolex license. And then be flogged...
Why and why did you say Rolex when where talking about Omega here? Hypothetical. If I walk into an AD and buy watches in bulk (like 25k, 50k, 100k) I'm going to get steep discounts. The AD sells them to me and has no control over what I choose to do with them afterwards. By your logic any Rolex dealer that sells to someone who flips it right away should also lose their license and be flogged here.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Here in Honolulu I took three trips to the AD. First trip, I did not ask for a discount but was offered 0% financing for 18 months. Second trip, I asked for a discount and was told NO discount but again 0% financing for 18 months is available. Third trip I asked for any discount, including no tax ($216 savings on $5200 retail.) not special financing and was told "I can make a phone call and try to get you no tax but if I get you no tax, there will be no interest free financing for 18 months" I definitely would have preferred to make the purchase from the AD, but after a private deal fell through, I ordered grey instead. SUPER EXCITED to get a white SMP 300.

·
Registered
1 Posts
First post, but this was the exact thread I needed! I am planning to buy a Blue SM 300 with a metal bracelet and live in Central Massachusetts. I am not seeing any kind of discounts from the high end local ADs and so will reach out to the two recommended ADs noted in this thread. One major question: how do I get the bracelet "fitted" or otherwise adjusted if I buy online?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

·
Premium Member
6,537 Posts
First post, but this was the exact thread I needed! I am planning to buy a Blue SM 300 with a metal bracelet and live in Central Massachusetts. I am not seeing any kind of discounts from the high end local ADs and so will reach out to the two recommended ADs noted in this thread. One major question: how do I get the bracelet "fitted" or otherwise adjusted if I buy online?

I talked to @robattopper about this very watch yesterday. Give him a call. I believe he will size the bracelet before shipping as well and you can get a deal.

Reactions: Docrwm and JLittle

·
Premium Member
5,074 Posts

Take it to a jeweler after you get it. Less than 25 bucks to get them to size it.

Reactions: Docrwm

·
Premium Member
5,074 Posts
Reactions: jkpa

·
Registered
326 Posts
One major question: how do I get the bracelet "fitted" or otherwise adjusted if I buy online?
DIY with a precision screwdriver set it took me all of 5 minutes. There is a special tool for sliding the pins out (comes with every watch repair kit). Buy yourself a decent kit because these things are so simple even I had no problems adjusting my bracelet! :LOL:

Get the rubber strap separately if you have the money. Having both options is great!

·
Registered
8,214 Posts

PM'ed.

Reactions: Thr1961

·
Premium Member
33,075 Posts

been answered but get the correct size screwdriver and it's easy.

·
Premium Member
33,075 Posts
I highly recommend Toppers Jewelers in CA. I've bought many watches from Rob Caplan at Toppers. His prices are very reasonable. And in my state on the east coast, there is no sales tax. Plus free shipping.

Yes, Toppers is an Authorized Omega Dealer!
Yes, you get a full Omega warranty from Toppers.

I've bought watches from Rob at 6 pm EST and had the watch in my hands at 9 AM the next morning!

I've read so many threads about how to buy & from whom to buy Omegas. The answer is easy folks - Toppers in Burlingame, CA - the sponsor of this forum!

View attachment 15973605
x2

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you buy this watch from a grey market dealer brand new, I know that you do not get the warranty. Does anyone know if you can view the METAS test results online after buying the watch from a grey dealer without warranty?

·
Registered
326 Posts
If you buy this watch from a grey market dealer brand new, I know that you do not get the warranty. Does anyone know if you can view the METAS test results online after buying the watch from a grey dealer without warranty?
You definitely get a full warranty from some places. Not all grey dealers are the same. As long as the red credit cards in the box are stamped and dated by an AD that's all that matters and that's 1 if the questions you need to ask the grey dealer you talk to. those red cards have the numbers you need to see the online results.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You definitely get a full warranty from some places. Not all grey dealers are the same. As long as the red credit cards in the box are stamped and dated by an AD that's all that matters and that's 1 if the questions you need to ask the grey dealer you talk to. those red cards have the numbers you need to see the online results.
I did read your posts. Thank you. The grey dealer that I ordered from will not be stamping or dating the red credit cards. I should have made myself more clear. Like most, I want a fair price and the Omega warranty. It seems I can only get one or the other. That being typed, I am going to call Rob at Toppers tomorrow and try to work a better deal. if I can, I will cancel and reorder. Thanks again.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts