WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Again,

And I'm after some advice, if possible?

12 days ago I bought a Longines Sports Conquest Silver dial from an AD. The model number is L36774, which it states on the back of the watch & is on the dealer’s web-site. However the wording on the dial of the watch reads “30 bar (300m)” whereas on the web-site it reads “300m / 1000ft”
Now I’m not concerned about the water resistance (in case anyone thinks that) but I am concerned that the watch has been mis-described on the dealers web-site & I have inadvertently bought a different model.
A look at another dealer’s web-site shows the wording “300m / 1000ft” & a model number of L36764. This dealer said that they had only recently got these models in stock.
Longines web-site has the wording & the model number my watch has; so whilst I’m OK that it’s a genuine watch I’m thinking is it an old model or a non-UK import or ?????
I have written to Longines but my 14 days to return the item for any reason (shop policy) is up on Saturday night.
So like I say, I would appreciate any thoughts on the discrepancy
Thank You
Paul

·
Registered
275 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it. Looks like your dealer just used a different scale to say the same thing i.e. m/ft vs bar (m).

If you're concerned you received an older model I can only suggest researching the difference between model 74 and model 64 if you don't hear back from longines about the difference.

·
Registered
7,878 Posts
Well web-site has "30 bar (300 meter)" so you are ok.
It is common for manufacturers to have minor differences in wording when changing models or in different markets. Some brands make slightly different models for international vs US or vs Domestic market.

Reactions: PC1

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"when changing models or in different markets. Some brands make slightly different models for international vs US or vs Domestic market"

Which is my concern - have I bought the latest UK spec watch?

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Well web-site has "30 bar (300 meter)" so you are ok.
It is common for manufacturers to have minor differences in wording when changing models or in different markets. Some brands make slightly different models for international vs US or vs Domestic market.
I agree. My guess is they changed the dial.

·
Registered
667 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
The older ones had 1000ft on them, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Reactions: PC1

·
Premium Member
61,645 Posts
What with bar, meters and feet being in the mix there's plenty of room for confusion. Essentially it's a watch with a 300M WR that's just been expressed in different ways.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts