WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to admit I like display casebacks on watches (yes, I'm shallow :think:). Here's an example (coincidently showing an ETA 2824 movement):

If one was available as an accessory, and the price was reasonable, I'd consider getting it (though you'd imagine it'd open up a customer-support can of worms for Debaufre if users are installing the backs themselves).

Just curious to know if others would like such an option?

Thanks.

Karl.

PS: I haven't been able to find a photo of GMT/Ocean opened up to see what level of finish is applied to the movement (if any). If anyone has one, can you post it?

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
If the company can handle the logistics of offering a solid and a display back I'm sure it would be worthwhile. I'll admit that most of my watches have display backs, although I really wasn't always looking for a display back. If the watch has some especially nice movement then the display back is appropriate, but I personally prefer a solid back for most watches - one less place for water to enter and the back can have a nice engraving on it.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Well, see through case backs are cool but all I do is give it a check once in a while. Can't really see it when I'm wearing it and can't just sit and stare at the caseback. Expecially when most are automatics. So I guess it's nice but I don't think I like it enough to pay extra, but I can see where lots of people like them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts