WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone I have a ghock which when I went to wear it I notice the display was not working. Does anyone know if this can be fix or even worth looking into fixing.
The watch is only a year old.

Thanks for any info or help.

·
Registered
281 Posts
That's very strange, has ever it had a battery change? Can you make it look normal by pushing buttons?

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
I'll second the motion of "could very well be the battery, you should probably start there."

You say that "The watch is only a year old," but it might have been sitting on a shelf somewhere for a while. If you bought it through a "brick and mortar" store, a lot of department stores display their watches so people are essentially buying a "demo" or "floor model," which means a lot of people might have looked at it and pushed the light button a few times each.

G-Shock batteries usually last a LOT longer than just one year.

·
Registered
6,194 Posts

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I Firts thought it may be the Battery But i see the back light is very strong and the numbers dont dim or fade. Yes I agree on it may have been sitting for a while. Now on it being a faulty model. That is new info for me.

Now knowing thats the light on the watch and the numbers dont dim or fade I didnt think it may be the battery. Do you guys still think I should change the BATT?

Or just call it a lost if its a Faulty one?

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
I Firts thought it may be the Battery But i see the back light is very strong and the numbers dont dim or fade. Yes I agree on it may have been sitting for a while. Now on it being a faulty model. That is new info for me.

Now knowing thats the light on the watch and the numbers dont dim or fade I didnt think it may be the battery. Do you guys still think I should change the BATT?

Or just call it a lost if its a Faulty one?
Changing the battery and do a AC reset procedure is always the easiest thing to do. So do that first and see if it helps. If not than we know it is faulty. The only other thing I know that can cause this is overheating. Have you exposed it to temps above 60 C for an extended period?

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Changing the battery and do a AC reset procedure is always the easiest thing to do. So do that first and see if it helps. If not than we know it is faulty. The only other thing I know that can cause this is overheating. Have you exposed it to temps above 60 C for an extended period?
No i have not. I live in NY and its been Just a little cold but normal weather.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi guys. Sorry I had been very busy with work. Found my watch sitting on the table. I really like this Gshock. I would like to know if I should just use it for parts. I was just thinking would if be worth trying to find a used one that may have outside damage or no strap and use the module or inside. Don't know what it's called lol

If so what other models would fit inside and would it be worth looking into this.

Thanks for any help and info.

·
Registered
12,020 Posts
I wouldn't give up on it. Contact Casio USA, and see what they say.

Dave.
I second that. It's not the battery, so I wouldn't waste time and money on that. Missing segments are a sign of damage or defect, not a weak battery. See what Casio has to say on this.

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
The battery is - I'm 100% sure - just fine, unless it was a total lemon but that is highly unlikely. It could be however a bad battery contact to the circuit that causes this phenomenon. I would open the caseback, check the battery compartment and do an A/C reset. If the failure after that is still not resolved, trash it and use the spare parts or contact Casio.

cheers

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The battery is - I'm 100% sure - just fine, unless it was a total lemon but that is highly unlikely. It could be however a bad battery contact to the circuit that causes this phenomenon. I would open the caseback, check the battery compartment and do an A/C reset. If the failure after that is still not resolved, trash it and use the spare parts or contact Casio.

cheers
I will contact Casio. How do I do a AC reset ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have already read a lot of cases like that involving the GD-100, you can buy a used one and replace the module.
Thanks buddy. I will contact Casio and see what they tell me.

Do I have to stick with the same module ?

Do any other ones that will fit. ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey hi there guys. Sorry it took me while to write back. I had no luck contacting Casio. Tried a new battery and did a AC reset and no luck.

I would like like to replace the module. Any ideas on where I can a module ?

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Hey hi there guys. Sorry it took me while to write back. I had no luck contacting Casio. Tried a new battery and did a AC reset and no luck.

I would like like to replace the module. Any ideas on where I can a module ?
Is that a GD-100-1B? If so, here's one place that sells the "Module without movement": http://www.pacparts.com/model.cfm?mfg=Casio&model_id=GD100-1B&row_start=11&src_model_id=gd100&action=list_part

If it's another GD-100, start here: http://www.pacparts.com/model.cfm and put in "GD100" in the "search by" box, then go to page 2. (All of page 1 is BG-100's -- Baby G's? -- and GD-100's are on pages 2 and 3.)

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts