WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so I’m looking to buy a G9000 Mudman, but I have doubts regarding the viewing angles of the display (the black and red coloured model with a positive display).

I already own a G5600e square model and the main problem with it is the terrible viewing angles, I really don’t like them.

Also, any other problems I should look out for the G9000 mudman (apart from the hard buttons).

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Yeah, the display was fine, but the bumps were noticeably uncomfortable.

Sad because otherwise this was my favorite.

The GLS-6900 is a decent substitute, but a tad wider, so not as wearable.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the pics!
Also if it’s not too to ask do you have such pics for the g5600e since I wanna know is that a problem with my unit or a general one because I couldn’t read much on the screen if I was writing on a table with my right hand and just took a quick glance at my watch on my left hand (which was kinda at an angle tho not much)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I’ve heard about the bumps I hope it won’t be that bad. Do they indent your skin?

Also do those bumps prevent your skin from sticking to the metal backplate when you sweat because other gshocks have that problem and I hope the gap in this one the mitigates that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Honestly, if all the rest of the parameters are the same I would love that watch, but regardless, that model isn’t available in my country (India).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don’t wear it that tight (can slide 2 fingers between the band and my under side of the arm with not much force) but I can’t wear them too loosely because some gshocks imo are too heavy for that. They start dangling way too much with a lot of force and kinda hurt

·
Registered
42 Posts
The MudMan is a nice watch....if your budget allows, I'd consider the RangeMan (GW-9400). For the $100 increase, you get solar power with atomic timekeeping (radiowaves calibrate the time daily), barometer, altimeter, sunrise/sunset times (very accurate), and a thinner case (by 2mm) and no bumps. I've never had an issue with angle on the RangeMan. The solar power and atomic timekeeping alone are worth the price increase IMO. Either way, you'll come out a winner with a GShock.

Not my picture.
casio-mudman-vs-rangeman-appearance.jpg

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was actually considering the Rangeman too but the main issue for me is the size. Have t checked out in a store but I think it’s too big for me .

Also the multiband doesnt work in my country.

Still imo a really good watch just it’s the size that’s bothering me

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Don’t know if this reply is gonna get sent twice I think I’ve pressed some wrong buttons so if it does excuse me please.

I’ve actually been considering the Rangeman too but mainly it’s the size that’s being a problem for me, I don’t want it to be too big for me

Also my country doesn’t support multiband 6

Still imo a really great watch but I’m not sure about the size of the watch because it looks a bit big

1 - 12 of 12 Posts