WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is it with these online retailers?

This guy takes an order for 2 watches, 3 days later I send an email to get a tracking number. No reply from that email so I call, Oh, we don't have one of the watches in stock we'll call the distributor to see when we can get one. I call back 2 days later, was told it may be a week, okay, I'll wait. 8 days later get an email stating the watch is unavailable. 4 days later still no refund after 2 emails and phone call. Opened a paypal dispute.

I'm okay with the watch not being in stock but when I placed the order I paid right there with paypal. Once the retailer finds he cannot fill the order and notifies me, he better double time to refund my money, 4 days and still no refund is joke.

A big <|<|<| for this seller.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank guys,

I don't doubt I'll get my money back, what burns me is how this guy is taking his time doing it.

My payment to him was prompt, the courtesy should be returned.

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Thank guys,

I don't doubt I'll get my money back, what burns me is how this guy is taking his time doing it.

yes yes, ure right. i got burned b4 by other retailer. paid and said no stock. shoulda done a refund ASAP. know how u feel brah !!!!

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
I guess I've been lucky with them, as I've never had a problem. Wrong manuals and/or boxes seems fairly common with them, but that doesn't bother me at the prices I've paid. I think they're honest, but possibly over-stretching themselves, which results in the occasional mess-up. I hope you get your refund soon, and I hope 4-watches get their act together soon, as I'd be sorry to have to cross them off my favorite sellers list.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Thank guys,

I agree completely, it's not only good business it's good manners, I can forgive anything if I am treated with respect, no matter what the cock up is if I feel i have been treated fairly then I continue to do business with them!

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
I hope you get your refund soon, and I hope 4-watches get their act together soon, as I'd be sorry to have to cross them off my favorite sellers list.
+1

Yeah, I only have one dealing with them which went very smooth and quick, but they appear to be hit and miss alas. If they get their act together, they would really clean up. What's wrong with earning more money by going the extra with customers?

·
8,353 Posts
I've been in sales and service for 20 years now. The cardinal rule that I was raised with and taught is ALWAYS take care of the customer. People may not always talk about their good experiences all the time, but they will surely talk about their negative ones. Even if I have a bad day and unfortunately reflect that to my customers, I always...ALWAYS make up for it the next day, it's not that hard. And on the flip side, if I'm spending my hard earned money on something whether it be $20 or $2000, I don't just expect product, I expect service, not excuses, so if a company spreads themselves thin....invest in more help. Thats just sensible business. I'll always forgive a screwup, we're all human, but to not rectify that screwup promptly is unacceptable.

I really hope it gets taken care of quickly for you JG1. Good luck amigo.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
I've been in sales and service for 20 years now. The cardinal rule that I was raised with and taught is ALWAYS take care of the customer. People may not always talk about their good experiences all the time, but they will surely talk about their negative ones. Even if I have a bad day and unfortunately reflect that to my customers, I always...ALWAYS make up for it the next day, it's not that hard. And on the flip side, if I'm spending my hard earned money on something whether it be $20 or $2000, I don't just expect product, I expect service, not excuses, so if a company spreads themselves thin....invest in more help. Thats just sensible business. I'll always forgive a screwup, we're all human, but to not rectify that screwup promptly is unacceptable.

I really hope it gets taken care of quickly for you JG1. Good luck amigo.
here here Doug! I have been in the public service sector all my working life, mistakes happen, bad moods happen but if they do then it is the responsibility of the worker to rectify and rectify ASAP, that just makes good sense, whats the old saying, "treat others the way you expect to be treated"
Oh yes, congrats on passing your 800th mate!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Aye, best of luck with your refund, I've recently ordered 2 1st gen Oceanus watches from them for a killer price, communications have been very good just waiting on the package (to the UK), fingers crossed all is well with that !

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Hi,

Well, that pages says "6 to 8 weeks" delivery.

That's a well known phrase which really means "we haven't got one in stock, and have no idea if we ever will have one again"

(If you're an R&D firm, it means when the next update is shipping, but that's a whole other story...)

Anyway, I haven't seen one of those mentioned as purchased new in a long time. I doubt it's still available.

I definitely wouldn't buy based on that stock situation.

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
When this guy says 6 to 8 weeks forget about it.:-|:-| He posts very low prices to get you to his site. I have bought a couple of Oceanus watches from him. All 3 NOS one battery died just after 30 days he told me to contact Casio. Not great service. When I changed the battery on the second one I noticed one of the screws was stripped :-s:-s dont know how it happened but I did not do it. Its the one with a leather strap, so no worry about water resistance for me. I put it back together with a wood wedge so the screw would fit snug. I knew that they would not do anything for me. They will only do something if you return the watch unworn in less than 30 days. You get what you pay for and most Casio's dont have any problems but if you do get one they will not be there to provide any real service. Amazon cant be beat for most purchases.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just cancelled an order with them, the watch I ordered was not in stock and they said they had no idea when it would be. They were shady about the refund via emails but when I called and was stern they refunded my paypal almost instantly.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Stay away from NYwatchstore if you value your sanity. I've attempted 3 orders in the past year. 2 were listed as in stock...got a confirmation email...then 3 days later received the message "out of stock"...basically forever.

The last order was for a titanium Citizen Chrono, called ahead, confirmed stock, and wowza it was actually mailed. Opened the box only to find that the watch had one massive scratch from the 1 o'clock to the center of the dial. Sent it back for a refund and they kept the original shipping fee even though I paid to ship it back.

Don't let their prices tempt you. Virtually everything on their site can be found at the same price w/ less risk of flaky service if you are willing to do a little research.

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.