WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, lost the second loop on my Santoni strap for the Mark XVIII (kids, tantrums and straps don’t go well together) so now looking for a new one.

I like the look on the distressed leather ones that Hodinkee and AnalogShift sell but somehow I don’t feel like parting with $150 and rather look to spend $50-$70 max for the same style and hopefully comparable quality.

I looked at ColaReb but I’m not convinced about the stitching.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
I have a Mark XVIII also, and destroying a Santoni is quite a feat. I have always had very good success finding extraordinary quality straps at reasonable prices. Probably spent $500 worth of time researching, but get hella deals. $70ish for a custom is about as far as I go and that was for a Zenith El Primero. There are great custom strap makers that are reasonable. I’ve also taken chances with our overseas brethren with decent success. If you search leather watch strap on Etsy, you’ll be surprised.

A great custom maker is HerrenMarke. $70 and truly custom with a few day turnaround.

I also have this distressed vibe strap coming and paid all of $11. On a slow boat from HK. I have no shame!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Santoni isn’t destroyed, just lost the second loop, he tore that off :S

Thanks for the recommendations, I’m also looking at the Black Label by Crown & Buckle, a bit over my limit but closer to what I had in mind.

Any photos of Mark XVIII on distressed leather straps?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually there’s a few of them on the IWC forum :)

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, I’ll check it out. That blue looks awesome on the Kontiki!

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
This guy below looks distressed....$75 shipped, custom made, in U.S., brand new, made of premium Italian veg tanned leather. DM me if interested! :)

20180304_163818.jpg

20180225_003351.jpg

20180225_003437.jpg

·
Banned
3,438 Posts
A couple options I’d recommend are Rene.r here on WUS, or just bite the bullet and get the Hodinkee. I’ve got one coming for my Le Petit Prince.

I’ve got a Rene.r strap like this I might be selling too in 20mm.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think I kind of decided on Crown and Buckle from their Black Label series, just have to see which one. And even $85 seems to high :S

I felt the Santoni made the watch look too formal but now that I started to look at different straps I’m thinking it wasn’t the strap but the watch itself and that it’s really hard to pair it.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alright, in the end ordered a Taupe Textured Calf Leather strap from B&R Bands, saw it recommended on the Omega Forums... two years ago :)

Curious how it will look on the Mark. I’ll try and post photos when I get it.

JeanPaul Menicucci has real cool straps but most of them are suede and over what I’m willing to spend. Not sure suede is what you’d want in a hot and humid climate...

·
Banned
3,438 Posts
Post photos when you get it. Sporting this Rene.r on my LPP today.

Alright, in the end ordered a Taupe Textured Calf Leather strap from B&R Bands, saw it recommended on the Omega Forums... two years ago :)

Curious how it will look on the Mark. I’ll try and post photos when I get it.

JeanPaul Menicucci has real cool straps but most of them are suede and over what I’m willing to spend. Not sure suede is what you’d want in a hot and humid climate...

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Arrived yesterday, looks pretty good on the Mark IMO, probably better than the black Santoni as it gives it a more casual feel. In terms of quality, it’s thinner than the OEM and feels it’s not as tough and it might not last me as long as the original. But I’ll say again, I love how it gave a new character to the watch and basically I’ll just have to accept that I’ll be spending 50-70$ every year or so to replace it.

Not sure if the light was the best for the photos but I guess you can get the idea...

Attachments

·
Banned
3,438 Posts
Here's one of the distressed Hodinkee straps on my LPP, in case you want to add some options. These IWC three-handers look great on everything.

IMG_3786 (Custom).jpg

IMG_3788 (Custom).jpg

1 - 19 of 19 Posts