WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi koboldians. Heated issues for the topic MM 300M vs kobold seal over the WUS dive watch forum there. It seems that Seiko 300 MM leads. What does you guys think over the matter :think: here?

For my choice i have many tunas near complete collection of them. I rather say Seiko MM 300 M is no fight with Seal and the UFC fight should be in between 1000M Tuna vs 1000 M Seal.

Tuna has more than 20 years of history and Kobold is a piece of chunk of steel that makes her presence felt.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Yeah, he was asking about the Soarway Diver in that post. I already posted my thoughts, so I won't repeat them, but after owning the MM300, I'm leaning toward believing that even though it's a great watch, it's very overrated on these forums (and the internet watch community in general).

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
if all goes well, I will getting the MM300 by Friday , will wear it all weekend and give my rating on this watch.

I pick up used PVD with crystal implant , first I am not into all dark color watches but the price seemed with in line for what they been sold in the past.

Its great people get all hyped over different brands of watches in these forums.:-!

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
A think a SEAL could take anything in the octagon. :-d

BTW, are you a martial artist? Among lots of other stuff, I studied Shorinji Kempo in Hirakatashi, Japan. It is a fascinating art with a demonized and misunderstood symbol. Great stuff. :-!

Kev.

·
Registered
473 Posts
if all goes well, I will getting the MM300 by Friday , will wear it all weekend and give my rating on this watch.

I pick up used PVD with crystal implant , first I am not into all dark color watches but the price seemed with in line for what they been sold in the past.

Its great people get all hyped over different brands of watches in these forums.:-!
I'd be curious as to your findings on the MM300. I like what I see of it, from the view of my monitor anyway...just hard to drop that kind of spendola on a Seiko, no matter how worthy.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
I think most Koboldians' thoughts on the Seal are well documented in here. Most of us don't have the Seiko 300 to be able to properly compare.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I'd be curious as to your findings on the MM300. I like what I see of it, from the view of my monitor anyway...just hard to drop that kind of spendola on a Seiko, no matter how worthy.
I hear ya. I'm sure the Tuna's are great, but I always think of Seiko as the watch you can get at _______ discount store. Not that it makes a difference, just hard to imagine those prices when most Seiko's are so inexpensive.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Its been on my wrist since it was delivery around 11AM. Since its aSS watch, its heavy but the bracelet is comfy enough not to leave markets around my wrist unlike big SS watch bands.

The quality is very good with soft round curves and edges.

since i bought this watch. I already received two offers to buy the watch if I did not like it.|>

Its a keeper for sure.

photos in the morning.b-)

·
Registered
597 Posts
For what its worth, a friend of mine who had a jewellery store and did watch repairs was always dismissive of many of the famous Swiss brands' (Rolex, Omega, etc) movements, saying that they had not changed much since the 1950s. I can't say if that's the case or not, and I know that Omega has done well with Dr. Daniel's co-axial movement, but my friend's opinion was, after having been inside the case of hundreds of watches to work on them, that in his opinion Seiko did more in terms of innovation and improvement on their movements than any other maker in the market.

Having owned a Seiko Prospex Landmaster, I can say that they make a very impressive watch for the money. I ended up selling the Landmaster because it was just a tad too small for me, but the overall design and thoughtfulness of the dial layout with the GMT hand that doubled as a compass pointer, the smooth-movement bezel, the micro-adjustment on the clasp, the 6 month reserve on the capacitor were all outstanding design features.

I have a Seiko chronograph, which I paid some (to me) considerable money for back in the early 1980's. That watch still runs like a dream once the battery gets topped up. Its seen quite a bit and its about 25+ years old, its never been serviced beyond battery changes.

Food for thought, the Seikos are a whole lot of watch for the money, and they are a manufacture movement producer as well.

That said, I can't stop wearing my Arctic Diver, so wear them ALL in good health!

;-)

Chris

1 - 18 of 18 Posts