WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a new automatic dive watch. So far I've looked at the Marathon GSAR - $1000 with the bracelet, Tag Aquaracers - $1750 at the lowest, and a couple other lower brands. I really like the tritium in a cheap beater I have now, and like the price of the marathon the best

I've also thought about just buying the borealis scout sniper to satisfy the itch while I save up more for a Ball diver.

The Tag is a little over what I had budgeted of 1500. I'm looking for an everyday wear watch that can stand up to a few outdoor excursions. I do enjoy diving which is why I was more concentrated on those watches. Ideally I'd like to buy one of the Ball watches as they have the tritium, but I can't bring myself to spend that right now (or finance it)

Do you all have any recommendations on other brands?

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
With the current discount they are offering, you can get a Doxa 1200t for around the top of your budget. One of the best dive watches in that price range you're going to find.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
You could get a used Omega SMP or Longines Legend Diver within your budget

·
Registered
690 Posts
Here is an Aquaracer as you may have considered and 2 other options. I prefer dress divers, so these may or may not float your boat. C60 (a new version is out that's nicely improved, and Chris Ward makes great pieces btw), and a Khaki Scuba.

IMG_20150124_000409.jpg

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Deep Blue daynight, I believe it has 63 tritium tubes, sapphire bezel, display case back for around $1k. Oris aquis for around $1.5k

·
WatchUSeek Administrator
37,225 Posts
With the current discount they are offering, you can get a Doxa 1200t for around the top of your budget. One of the best dive watches in that price range you're going to find.
I have to echo Mr. Rolla here...Doxa makes a great diver (they practically created the genre), and even offer Trit tubes on their 800 series Sub.

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
It lacks in the lume department, but i do like the Longines Legend Diver.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
My .02

Sinn U1, UX if you are going to get up around 1500. Or find a cheap used Aquaracer if you want to stay down around $700.

Others to consider - AEgir CD-2, Anonimo, Seiko MM300

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a marathon, it seems like a decent watch for the money. After looking at the Ball watches I definitely plan on picking one up in the short future.

I'm pretty sure this will be the first of many automatics.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got the watch in the mail this morning and got it sized on my break earlier. The jeweler made the comment it was the toughest bracelet he has ever sized. I guess that is a good comment to the build quality of these watches.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts