WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after recently selling my omega seamaster I feel somewhat of a void in my collection and I'm looking for a new diver. However I'm tired of looking at more omegas/tag/breitling/Rolex. I'm looking for a very tasteful, well styled watch from a reputable quality brand whether it be micro or otherwise just not any of the aforementioned brands ^^ . Budget is around <$1,200 I'd love to hear your suggestions, these are a few specs I prefer: between 38-42mm case, automatic, domed sapphire ar crystal. I'm willing to comprise on the crystal if I just can't find anything but I like domed sapphire :).
Thanks in advance! I'd love to see pictures as well if you have 'em!

·
Registered
9,884 Posts
First, I suggest you try the dive watch forum, you will get tons of recommendations there. My choice for the budget is one of several Oris Aquis divers, plenty of color options and the sell in the grey market at and under the budget.

Edit make note the Oris are 43mm

·
Premium Member
40,679 Posts
Oris slightly over but tend to wear smaller.

Check out Helberg for some very well made divers.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Oris or Perrlet seacraft (which can be found for a lot less than MSRP). JR may also worth considering given that the look is completely different and are currently deeply discounted.

·
Registered
9,529 Posts
First, I suggest you try the dive watch forum, you will get tons of recommendations there. My choice for the budget is one of several Oris Aquis divers, plenty of color options and the sell in the grey market at and under the budget.

Edit make note the Oris are 43mm

I believe the Oris Aquis is still available in 40mm but only in black. I have one with both the rubber strap and bracelet. Good choice I think.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Oris Aquis or Divers 65
Glycine Combat Sub
Squale 50 Atmos
Seiko SBDC007
Halios Topik SS
Archimede Sporttaucher
Stowa Seatime

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
I would second Halios and Squale, Orca and Glycine for not your common looking divers. Quality divers for sure.

And I'll throw in Benarus (they will be changing their name I hear). I've been impressed with their watches that I've seen in person.

Pre owned - JeanRichard Aquascope, perhaps a Sinn can be found in that price range, Halios has a few classics.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I would second Halios and Squale, Orca and Glycine for not your common looking divers. Quality divers for sure.

And I'll throw in Benarus (they will be changing their name I hear). I've been impressed with their watches that I've seen in person.

Pre owned - JeanRichard Aquascope, perhaps a Sinn can be found in that price range.
Haven't heard about a new name for Benarus? Is it true?

How about an SAS? Never heard anything bad about it....

·
Moderator Public Forum
10,282 Posts
Budget is around <$1,200 I'd love to hear your suggestions, these are a few specs I prefer: between 38-42mm case, automatic, domed sapphire ar crystal. I'm willing to comprise on the crystal if I just can't find anything but I like domed sapphire :).
Oris Diver 65. 40mm, domed sapphire, $1,165 currently on Jomashop.

Oris-Sixty-Five-Diver-wristshot-2-b.jpg

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great suggestions! And I forgot to mention I'm more than willing to try out pre owned I've found some really cool pieces Grey market

·
Registered
234 Posts
I'm not a diver, but I play one on WUS. (Okay, that's actually not true, because I don't own any divers.) But if I did...it'd be an Oris Aquis, Oris Divers 65, or a Limes Endurance II. Thank you for reading this totally unqualified opinion. Good luck in your hunt!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Oris Diver 65 is beautiful! Also take a look at the new Halios Tropik Bs or Halios Delfin PVD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts