WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looks like the new Diver 300m America’s Cup chronometer will have Omega’s new ‘quick change ’ system. Between the lugs is 21mm. Anyone hear whether this feature will ripple thru to the 20mm bracelets?

And this might sound silly but if you’ve had another brand with a quick release system, are they reliable?

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
7,256 Posts
They probably got tired of the complaints ADs and Boutiques were getting after customers told them to replace a strap and they scratch the back of the lugs

·
Registered
52 Posts
Looks like the new Diver 300m America’s Cup chronometer will have Omega’s new ‘quick change ’ system. Between the lugs is 21mm. Anyone hear whether this feature will ripple thru to the 20mm bracelets?

And this might sound silly but if you’ve had another brand with a quick release system, are they reliable?

Thank you! View attachment 15726763
The new Panerai has a similar system, very easy to swap between straps...

·
Registered
Omega Aqua Terra Skyfall 41.5, Breitling Avenger Chrono II 43, Seiko SBDC101, Timex Ironman
642 Posts
I wish straps had a standard (like usb). It would be nice to have a QR strap system that worked on any watch with equal lug spacing. Think of how many more straps would sell. I know people who won’t change straps, even though they want to, because they’re afraid of scratching the lugs. And if you could change a strap in 15 sec with no tools...

It’s not going to happen (it would be an awesome licensing play) but it would be a game-changer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wish straps had a standard (like usb). It would be nice to have a QR strap system that worked on any watch with equal lug spacing. Think of how many more straps would sell. I know people who won’t change straps, even though they want to, because they’re afraid of scratching the lugs. And if you could change a strap in 15 sec with no tools...

It’s not going to happen (it would be an awesome licensing play) but it would be a game-changer.

Agreed.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Anything that makes it easier to switch from bracelet to strap back to bracelet again is a big win. My CW has a similar quick release system on the bracelet, very sturdy, never had any issues with it

Reactions: A4A

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
What a neat feature. I wonder if it compromises the strength somewhat. Would be interesting to see the design of the inside of those end pieces and spring bars.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts