WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a Diver Date model with grey dial and it came with the bracelet. I got it online "grey" market and also wanted to pick up a rubber strap to swap out on occasion. I finally nabbed on on the FS forum for a good price. When I went to swap it out I was surprised to find out just how difficult it is to get the pins out. I have a bracelet pin tool that is admittedly of low quality and it didn't put in enough pressure to pop the pin loose. I ended up using the punch from the tool and a hammer tapping lightly. I got one pin out without an issue but the other somehow looks like it has a small kink in the middle after getting it out. There is no way its going back in.

I've called a local AD but they are over an hour away and I'm still waiting to hear back whether they can get a few pins. The rubber strap came with screw end pins, and they fit the bracelet and the rubber strap but don't fit through the lugs on the watch clearly.

1. Is there anyway to get screw pins for this watch?

2. How difficult is it to get your hands on the OEM pins?

3. I watched a youtube instructional video on replacing the pins, does it get any easier? For a fair expensive watch like this to require a punch/hammer to remove the band IMO is obnoxious. Unless there is a trick I'm missing I will probably sell the rubber strap because there is no way I'm going to be able to replace this easily.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
I've never seen an Oris diver with press-in pins, so I can't help you. My two Oris divers (Aquis and Prodiver) both have screw bars (I thought they all came this way).

If the strap you bought came with screw bars, it's probably for a different model watch and might not fit yours, anyway. You should verify the inner and outer dimensions of the strap you bought to make sure they match your watch.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The strap fits my watch, its the same model sold by Oris on the watch. For whatever reason it came with screw bars that don't fit the watch from whoever I bought it from.

·
Premium Member
60,641 Posts
The DD was never designed to take screw bars so it's pins only. There was an instruction vid on the Friends of Oris website showing how to remove them. I must admit that I don't like the idea of having to hammer my DD if ever I need to change the bracelet. Hopefully you'll be able to get the other pin out without damaging it or the watch but an Oris AD should be able to get some pins for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts