WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm just purchased a Zinex Trimix and I love it. Now I'm looking for something a little more conservative to wear to the office. I'm trying to decide between the Breitling Superocean Steelfish and the Omega PO 45mm. Anyone have experiences with both of these watches to help me with a decision?

Thanks for the help guys

-Chad

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Styling preferences are certainly subjective, but when it comes to looks and overall quality the PO is the hands down winner in my book.

Here is a pic of the PO next to the Trimix that you already own:

Hey guys,

I'm just purchased a Zinex Trimix and I love it. Now I'm looking for something a little more conservative to wear to the office. I'm trying to decide between the Breitling Superocean Steelfish and the Omega PO 45mm. Anyone have experiences with both of these watches to help me with a decision?

Thanks for the help guys

-Chad

·
Registered
10,604 Posts
I've had both and I prefer the PO by a wide margin. I loved the dial on the Breitling, but the lume was inferior and it was just a bit too flashy for me. The Omega has a much more classic look, and I find it's very versatile & goes with anything. Also be aware that if you ever wear nice sweaters, the bezel on the Steelfish will shred the cuffs if you're not careful. :rodekaart

·
G-Shock Mod
14,402 Posts
that's tough decision. I really like the steelfish, i think its solidly made, very nice detail, easy to grab bezel, and great secure bracelet (i found the bracelet links the most difficult to fail, you need to take off at least 2 screws before the you can size the bracelet and it will only come apart at certain angle)

the thing that i am not crazy about the steelfish is the lack of lume at 12,3, 6 and 9. and the 44mm version is a bit much for my wrist size. otherwise, i would want one in my watch box. for the recent version, with the arrow second hand, the inital lume is quit decent, but it doesn't seems to last as long as Omega or Seiko.

The PO is awesome. i like everything about it ... almost. but if i have to nick-pick on it, which i am, it would be the lume. don't get me wrong, the lume brightness is awesome. one of the best i've seen. but in the dark, with just lume, you can't tell which one is 12 or 6.

both have HEV, which is less than useful for most of us. but since steelfish has an auto HEV, it will give points for that. (auto is better than manual, no need to manually open and close it)

PO does have a better movement with the co-axial escapement.

if its my money, i would go with PO because of nice case shape, the lume, the distinct shape of the hands, co-axial movement and the nice curved lugs strap.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts

·
Banned
10,224 Posts
PO. Steelfish bezel action is nasty, and it has pointless 24 hour markings on dial.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Another lover of the PO here.....I've always found Breitling over priced, overrated and a bit too blingy

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
In pictures the PO blows away the Steelfish. In real life side by side though the Steelfish won out for me. The flat matte dial of the PO just didn't compar to beauty of the Steelfish. My lume is excellent although the PO lume markers are bigger and will be a bit better. I liked the steelfish bracelet both look and feel better plus it has micro adjustments but that is just me. And new, I got the Steelfish for about $1k less.

Still want a PO though one day. But also struggled with size, think the 45.5 looks a little bigger than I like and the 42 feels and looks 40mm so a little small.

Both are great choices. I went to the store to buy the PO, but walked out with the Steelfish. The best thing I did is tried them on side by side, my choice was easy at that point after face to face wrist comparison .

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
I've had all four (42 & 44 SO's, 42 & 45 PO's).

Best of the bunch is the 42 PO, IMO, for the same reasons as most people above have stated, including the movement and lume. I will add that the dial is nicer on the 42 PO (IMO) then the 45 and on the bracelet, the 45 is just too big and heavy for my 7" wrist. Additionally, I found the bracelets on the Omegas to be superior to the B'lings. I also found the dials of the SO's overly busy with a bunch of little 'dots' that really have no use....

Either way you go, though, you'll have a fine watch. Good luck! :-!

I'll post some pics later for comparison.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts