WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1406 Posts

·
Sponsor
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I 'm throwing the kitchen sink at the Diver One, I love the case shape, just like the old subbie but a bit thicker like the double red and the 40mm size is ideal for everyday wear.
The water resistance will now be 500m so that means a larger case back gasket, (1mm) slightly thicker case back and extra crown and tube gaskets (X4).
I'm adding a working Heliox Escape Valve so it will be the perfect chamber watch, small light and comfortable, being quartz it will not stop if you don't wear it, this has been tested by me and the deepest test was 154m
The Ronda movement will now be the gold plated 5 Jewel 715SM and this one has the End Of Life indicator and longer battery life so many people have asked for, as the keyless works are stiffer the movement will be housed in a metal holder.
The lume is now Grade A Superluminova.
The insert will stay Aluminium and this is not to save money as some people may think, I need the colour shades to match the dials and because the Diver One is a work horse watch it gets ridden hard, the diver one stainless steel was a very popular watch at work but I saw one cracked off a handrail and it smashed the ceramic insert, I've had a few back for repair also, I don't think ceramic is ideal in working conditions.
I hope you appreciate the improvements as most have come about from my workmates wearing them for work and of course feedback by WUS members.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
That sounds like some great upgrades Paul ! Will this apply to any new upcoming Diver Ones, or will this be a separate line branded D1-500? Can you repeat the timelines for release of these D1-500's -- At this moment I'm chomping at the bit to have the bracelet for my MS18 !!! :-d

Thanks for the exciting news!!

RD

Reactions: scurfa

·
Registered
770 Posts
That’s a great new iteration and perfectly timed with me killing my previous D1. I’ll definitely have one!
Do you have any estimate on release?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Sponsor
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That sounds like some great upgrades Paul ! Will this apply to any new upcoming Diver Ones, or will this be a separate line branded D1-500? Can you repeat the timelines for release of these D1-500's -- At this moment I'm chomping at the bit to have the bracelet for my MS18 !!! :-d

Thanks for the exciting news!!

RD
All the Diver Ones will be D1-500 watches from mid April, we do have some 300m watches left but they will be cheaper than the new model.

I’m going to have to apologise again about the bracelets, we may not have them at the same time as the new diver one

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Hi Paul, looks outstanding. Also, as another member inquired, any news on the bracelets for the MS18?

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Hi Paul, looks outstanding. Also, as another member inquired, any news on the bracelets for the MS18?
Just answered above. Gotta read the whole post :-!

I’m going to have to apologise again about the bracelets, we may not have them at the same time as the new diver one

·
Registered
770 Posts
That’s quite alright - it’s far better (in my opinion) to be apprised about delays than looking forward to a deadline that cannot realistically be met.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Wow these improvements sounds awesome! When you say about the bezel, "I need the colour shades to match the dials" does this mean you are planning a wide range of new colors?

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Well that about does it. I will have to put all other purchases on hold until these are available. I am so glad that you continue to improve the product line and thank you for the great communication with all of us.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I just bought a 16610 sub but I will be a buyer for this.

I had a blue d1 and really enjoyed it. A slightly beefier version would be perfect. black dial for me!

·
Registered
36,803 Posts
Wow you’re killing it bravo Paul.
That green is fantastic btw

·
Registered
11,956 Posts
Great upgrades Paul.

When my non watch friends ask for a watch recommendation for a new daily wear watch “Scurfa” is always my first response. A great practical and affordable line of watches.

I think 2019 is the year I get back in on one. I like what’s coming a lot. Here’s hoping the price stays low enough to keep them irresistible

My other British daily wear piece is starting to get a bit haggard. The size style and robustness makes them a perfect daily watch for me.

I love the authenticity behind the design and testing

1 - 20 of 1406 Posts