WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I am in Canada shopping for the week and want to take advantage of the exchange rate. I came across an AD willing to sell a 65 with the Arabic numerals for 1500 CAD. Is that a good price? Grey Market is approx $1200.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hey guys,

I am in Canada shopping for the week and want to take advantage of the exchange rate. I came across an AD willing to sell a 65 with the Arabic numerals for 1500 CAD. Is that a good price? Grey Market is approx $1200.
That's a great price. Basically grey market price but with a warranty. Get it.

Can you claim the tax back? That's the real kicker shipping in Canada. I bought mine grey market while traveling in the USA. I saved the (13%) tax, making it about $1500 after exchange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
292 Posts
In some provinces and states, you can apply to be refunded the sales tax you spent. I have no idea which provinces offer this. It's worth investigating, however, because on a $1500 purchase, It will amount to a couple of hundred dollars.

·
Registered
36,277 Posts
USA citizens can recover most Canadian sales taxes by filling out a form and providing receipts. Have done this for trips to Ontario and Quebec and believe it to be true for most or all other provinces as well.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys,

That's a great price. Basically grey market price but with a warranty. Get it.

Can you claim the tax back? That's the real kicker shipping in Canada. I bought mine grey market while traveling in the USA. I saved the (13%) tax, making it about $1500 after exchange.

Awesome! I actually pulled the trigger. I looked on Chrono24 and other sources. $1200 US is the best price I came up with.

I will be claiming it back but not familiar with that process. I am in Canada until Friday. Where do I go in the airport to do that??

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
USA citizens can recover most Canadian sales taxes by filling out a form and providing receipts. Have done this for trips to Ontario and Quebec and believe it to be true for most or all other provinces as well.
Yes..I need to claim all the taxes back. I'm in Toronto. Where in the airport do I need to go in order to fulfill this process??

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea I definitely agree to that. I lucked out. It was a time piece store in one of the plus 15's in downtown either going out of business or clearing old inventory. They even had an Oris Aquis at a little more than grey market.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts