WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Have not seen a travelogue here so i hope it is appropriate to post here since i frequent this forum lots and the watche in this post are all divers :-!

I want to share with you guys my recent out and about around Melbourne and also a short trip to Wilsons Prom at the southern coastal region of Victoria. Manage to get some nice , cool pics and want to share with my fellow WIS mates.
Will start off with a short half-day trip to the famous touristy beach town of St Kilda, also known as St Kilda beach. (yeah me and my wife lurvee beaches and the sea, maybe thats why i like divers watches b-) )

Took a tram down to St Kilda and hopped off at the last stop along Acland St. There we found nice cafes and really appetizing cake shops. Me and my wife were flabbergasted and spent a long time deciding which cake to savour. :p

My Tuna was drooling as well

After dessert we walked down to the famous Luna Park theme park. But sadly it was closed. No loss as i am not a big theme park fan anyway (sour grapes? :-d )
My Tuna had fun though :)

Just down the road was the beach. Here is one major junction to other areas.
(To forumers familiar to Sg, note - Marine Parade :think: LOL!)

Soon we reach the beach and here is my SKJ on my wife's wrist to commemorate this non-event. haha! :-d

SKJ and Tuna together

There is a really , quaint jetty that goes out about 20metres.

A part of the jetty actually do not have any rails. (no prizes for guessing which one is my foot)

I really like how it looks and how it turned out in my photos. :-!

It has a dreamy, serene kind of feel to it and i think i manage to capture it in some of my photos. I really enjoyed playing with the composition and balance of the photo.
With a tuna as a subject .(really like this wrist shot) |>

With both the SKJ and Tuna.
Before rotating... has an interesting look to it :oops:

after rotating - looks "correct"

There was a lighthouse in the background..

The light was really good and played with some wrist shots of my tuna on europelli cordovan strap
Enjoy

Soon the sun was setting (winter here Down Under guys ;-)) and we decided to hang around for the sunset.
My wife is really proud of this shot that she took |> :p

As the sun sets, we enjoyed the beautiful hues in the sky

Sky became darker...

The seagulls were having one last chat ...

This guy is obviously waiting for my Tuna! LOL!

The lights are on... and he is still waiting! Thats the same lighthouse as in the earlier wrist shot.

Then the night sets in and a last shot of lights back on the 'mainland'

We eventually went back home after that lovely sunny day at the beach.

Thanks for looking guys. Hope you enjoyed the pics! :thanks
Will post Part 2 of my travelogue soon.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Looks like a fun trip!! :-! Thanks for the pics!
Al

·
Registered
17,513 Posts
great pictures. is that your foot on the right? if so, pink doesn't go well with the strap.:think:

·
Registered
17,513 Posts
please do. I like to see pics like that here. very scenic. the food shots gave me the munchies.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Great pics

It looks like you have a wife that doesnt roll her eyes when you take watch pics, shes a keeper.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great pics

It looks like you have a wife that doesnt roll her eyes when you take watch pics, shes a keeper.
A keeper for sure :-d
She can appreciate watches too and do currently wear about 3 dive watches that i have handed down to her.

She even helps to take great wrist shots :) (yup, i am watch crazy enough to wear 2 watches at a time - only on holiday though LOL! :-d)

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Hi badern,

Those are great pics! It's obvious that you and your wife had a wonderful time. Thanks for sharing them! :-!

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
A keeper for sure :-d
She can appreciate watches too and do currently wear about 3 dive watches that i have handed down to her.
That sounds great, my wife tends to laugh at me when I take watch pics.

I like your system, she would be more likely to approve a new watch if she knew it would get her more wrist time with your other ones.

sounds great |>

·
6,880 Posts
Great pics, looks like fun!

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Just at a time when finger is itching badly on Tuna... ts ts ts... this might have put me over the edge... ;-)

Althou, in my case, I'd opt for cheaper 300m version. :-d

1 - 20 of 21 Posts