WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a Oris chrono and while i love it to bits, due to its size (both diameter and thickness) it doesnt fit well under a cuff and found that its just not suitable for an office environment. Now because its been like 2hrs since my last purchase I feel that need again, looking to scratch that with a DD in black. My question really is for those of you who have this watch (or the blue version) does it work with business attire? The size looks anout right 44mm but wears small due to the pie pan thing and the outer links are polished. Thoughts? Really want to love the DD but dont need another weekend warrior in the warchbox. Thanks for the advice and if you guys have any pics with dress shirts that would be a bonus.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
You're right about it wearing small, but (warning: opinion coming) I still wouldn't call the DD a good match for a dress shirt. If you're buying a watch specifically for business attire, why not go with something more business-like?

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was afraid of that. My motivation is that since I like my Oris Chrono so much I just would like to have a similarly styled Oris that I could wear more often but as you stated maybe Im trying to make the DD something its not. As i mentioned I dont want to this to be stuffed in my watchbox just to be flipped later.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
It is definitely a versatile diver. I considered it when I bought my Aquis 43mm. The DD would look great with polo and jeans, sweater and slacks, etc, but to me it's still too sporty for a dress shirt. But I've been wrong plenty of times and maybe someone will have pictures to change my mind!

It may also depend on your wrist size. It's pretty thick and that is easier to pull off for a 7.5"+ wrist.

I know that for me, if the watch doesn't slide easily under the cuff, it's a no-go for the office.

·
Registered
60,608 Posts
W_H the Diver Date is a fabulous watch but even though it will fit under a shirt cuff, like D said, it's not really a dress watch - even the black one. You may well be better looking at something from the Artelier range instead.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have to say, what works with your business attire is totally dependent on your wrist size. I used to wear a Breitling Superocean Heritage 46 Chrono under a dress shirt and it feels great. That being said my wrist is around 7.5 if not a little bigger. So for me, I think 45-47mm is actually perfect all around size for anything I wear.

·
Banned
120 Posts
It looks fine. I'm over dressing up for work and wish I could wear flip-flops and shorts to work all year round, not just over xmas/new years.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Philadelphia/Shanghai .. ok so i will tell you my feeling. I've been living in China for many many years. My wife is Chinese so in fact my home is here. We've been doing business export import with some large customers, one of the biggest is a guy who import to China about 9000 (nine thousand) containers a year! Man if you see his golden Rolex! It looks like a real sh!t. Scratched in condition that you'd never think such a piece of timepiece could be. He doesn't care very much. Trust me. People you're doing business doesn't as well. Ok for sure these in China....

I give very good service for my customers so we meet very often and I also never met a way someone cares about the watch. I have some nice watches but now my favorite is my Tubbataha. First I looked at his wach I didn't like it. Longer I look more I want to possess. I called almost all AD in HK and at last I get one, only one MB. And I'm happy man. My good word for you. My good advice. Focus on your business and dont care very much about your watch. Wear what you like.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The DD does work as a dress watch especially since the bracelet is an awesome piece of jewelry, the only controversial issue could be the case dimension since it is a little on the thicker size. If you like the manly look, it works and well at thta since I get plenty of compliments!

·
Sinn Moderator
9,688 Posts
Have you considered the Aquis Date? It has a nice dress/sport look, IMHO. I have the blue one on the bracelet and enjoy it with coat/tie or casual. Cheers, Bill P.

·
Registered
13,948 Posts
Have you considered the Aquis Date? It has a nice dress/sport look, IMHO. I have the blue one on the bracelet and enjoy it with coat/tie or casual. Cheers, Bill P.
I recently came to the very same conclusion and ordered an Aquis Date in black just for dressier office days. I can usually wear anything I want, but I was missing something for a coat and tie.

·
Registered
317 Posts
i wear my 47mm Small Seconds under my business shirts no problem...

Oris24112.jpg

Reactions: Pete26

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

I like the Aquis but it looks too much like my Chrono (bezel font/layout, markers etc.), what drew me to the DD was the unique shape of the case and markers with wavy dial, just different enough for me to justify it. I appreciate all the POV's but I'm afraid I'm still debating this one.

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, I was able to get my hands on a used Divers Date in black. Its like new, very comfy and due to the pie pan thing wears small. It also fits under a cuff nicely and best of all doesn't at all feel out of place in an office environment! Just wanted to close the loop for all those who provided valuable insight to me.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts