WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

· Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I happen to really like the look of the steel Rolex Explorer II (not a true diver) with the white dial and black outlined hands and hour marks. However, in searching for a quality dive watch with a similar look, the only one that I have found that comes close is the Breitling SuperOcean Heritage. Why are the dials on divers almost always black, blue, or orange (which I hate)? Also, please suggest any other divers that have a white dial with black outlined hands and hour marks.

· Registered
1,964 Posts
From a practical standpoint, white dials are harder to see underwater. That is why you don't see them offered much.

Reactions: JWM69

· Banned
6,218 Posts
diver watches have to meet certain readability specs.... some fashion brands might carry a so called diver with a white dial but it wouldn't be too common or of much use to a real diver.

· Registered
747 Posts
diver watches have to meet certain readability specs.... some fashion brands might carry a so called diver with a white dial but it wouldn't be too common or of much use to a real diver.
Dang, I wonder if Joe thinks his products are "fashion brand so called divers" :-d
And btw, I am a real diver the last time I checked :-d I really have no idea why there are so few white dial divers out there but I do like some of them. This one is ok to dive with, has been to 30m deep and is readable enough for me.

· Registered
4,551 Posts
Seiko Stargate and Starfish come to mind. There was also a white dial Monster that can be had as an official Seiko LE or as a Yobokies mod. All true diver watches, and affordable to boot.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

· Registered
4,395 Posts
Agreed The DB looks great, don't have a white dial, but liking them.
The Ploprof and the Helson 600 M look great.
Regards
Roby

Deepblue has a t100 daynight recon in white I have the orange but the white came out later and it is quite nice
Sent from my favourite chair to where you are using Tapatalk

· Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks, these three all look great IMHO.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.