WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everybody and thanks for the welcome mail!
I'm a "light version" of a watch enthusiast but recently occupied with one idea that maybe outgrow my abilities in the area of DIY. I become a recent retiree with plenty of time and some technical knowledge and decided to make a watch for the first time in my life.
So I bought a Seagull 3600 with the idea of mimicking one of the greatest watches of my choice: the big Radiomir. With some small problems which I solved not knowing of possible common solutions, I faced one which stops me just in the final stage. I like to recreate the simplest version on a watch with only two hands but the St 3600 got a small second hand on 9. So, I brushed the pin tip protruding the movement body and mount a dial. It looks good and flush, but... when the watch is closed, it stops running, or - in another case - amplitude goes shallow (working still if pressure is low).
My question is how to solve this without taking the bridge off and sanding the fourth wheel out of the movement - what is the right way, I suppose? I'm not a watchmaker and don't have all the needed logistics and knowledge for such a workflow...
Thanks for the hints and tips!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts