WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have nothing against watch boxes but I like to be able to see my motley assortment of wrist watches on display (plus, it's convenient for keeping the solar-powered watches topped up.) I've taken a crack at a DIY watch display stand before (somewhere on this forum are pictures of a Fender Strat reshapen into something my wife banished from her sight. Incidentally, she's not a fan of this either, but I benefit from setting bar really low and inching upwards.)
wood stand 01.jpg
What we have here is cured slices from an old pine tree I cut down a few years ago, dowels, and the transparent plastic C portion of cheap ($3.23 per 6) watch stands slowly shipped from the other side of the planet. The overturned 55 gallon burn barrel is not part of the formal presentation (although it's possibly the most aesthetically pleasing part of the arrangement.)
wood stand 02.jpg
Not the best thing I've ever built, but reasonably effective, super cheap (less than $10) and a good placeholder for the next, marginally better idea that comes along. Also, there are watches on that stand that represent a lower state of pride than the stand. Or using a burn barrel as display plinth.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Not sure about the overall aesthetic, but: 1) love the cured slices of pine 2) appreciate your dedication to a nice collection and 3) you're far more handy than I will ever be. So, cheers.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Yeah, not too sure it's my cup o' tea. But I truly appreciate a solid DIY spirit. As the creator of many functional but not terribly attractive items myself, I think we might be of the same tribe. And our wives would probably hit it off as well.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Beautiful? No. But it has a certain charm to it.And the fantastic description sells the whole package! Looking forward to the next creation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts