WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
The whole thing black?

We NEED better pics sir. That is your duty since I know of no other Paradive like yours.

My plan is to seek out a beaten model of the paradive down the line and have it serviced and DLC'd. Your detailed HD pics will be like my movie trailer for that event.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The whole thing black?

We NEED better pics sir. That is your duty since I know of no other Paradive like yours.

My plan is to seek out a beaten model of the paradive down the line and have it serviced and DLC'd. Your detailed HD pics will be like my movie trailer for that event.
I'll be home on 9 Jan and take some picts with my wife's Nikon just for you sir! :) I'll even post a side by side of the DLC Kingston with this Paradive... and throw in my Exp II 16550 white dial in the middle... My watch Oreo... mmmmm Oreo's :-D

Yep, the whole thing to include the case back. Jack at IWW does great work!

·
Registered
844 Posts
I'll be home on 9 Jan and take some picts with my wife's Nikon just for you sir! :) I'll even post a side by side of the DLC Kingston with this Paradive... and throw in my Exp II 16550 white dial in the middle... My watch Oreo... mmmmm Oreo's :-D

Yep, the whole thing to include the case back. Jack at IWW does great work!
Can't wait to see it!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Enjoy... it's not for everyone, but I think this watch was made to be black. My picts don't begin to show how awesome it looks as it does in person.

GMAN54
The DLC Paradive with my EXP II that was just restored by Bob Ridley..

Attachments

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The whole thing black?

Was wondering, why buy a beaten model and have it serviced and DLC'd? I'm not sure that there would be a significant cost savings...

·
Registered
942 Posts
View attachment 3609234 I raise you one! See my other thread, but this just came back from IWW last night....VERY pleased with Jack's work.
Holy shnikees, that just oozes cool. Please, someone do that with their Graywater!!!

Just out of curiosity, I know it's not polite to talk turkey, but "roughly" how much does the dlc process cost for the case, bezel, bracelet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Col4bin..what a great job Jack did! It looks amazing congrats. I have to agree with Gman..these style watches were meant to be black. Hope we can see more pics from time to time. Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Holy shnikees, that just oozes cool. Please, someone do that with their Graywater!!!

Just out of curiosity, I know it's not polite to talk turkey, but "roughly" how much does the dlc process cost for the case, bezel, bracelet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:think: Based on price listing at his web site; watch head starts at $895 and bracelet at $495. I have been visualizing my Graywater DLC'ed a lot lately, since I have been wearing it so much. But I know I would scratch it up....

:think: But one of the Kingstons or the 3-6-9 Nassaus? That could be a different story....;-)

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
:think: Based on price listing at his web site; watch head starts at $895 and bracelet at $495. I have been visualizing my Graywater DLC'ed a lot lately, since I have been wearing it so much. But I know I would scratch it up....

:think: But one of the Kingstons or the 3-6-9 Nassaus? That could be a different story....;-)
Someone already did a Kingston ... check back to forum posts about 2012. The owner posted in the WURW post, too.

I just looked at my 3-6-9 on my wrist, asked it. It answered, "Hell no, I'm vintage looking and want to keep looking that way."

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
OCM.....after I get my DLC Paradive back from Jack, I may be SERIOUSLY tempted to get my Graywater DLC'ed too.....:think:
Wearing mine now ... imagining it black ... a black graywater ... kinda rolls off the tongue....

Reactions: thejollywatcher

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My Kingston Plank gilt dial was the first to be DLC'd as was the bracelet and the extra bezel. It's a beauty on the arm. Plug for Jack at IWW. He performed the DLC on both of my pieces.

I raise you one! See my other thread, but this just came back from IWW last night....VERY pleased with Jack's work.
Someone already did a Kingston ... check back to forum posts about 2012. The owner posted in the WURW post, too.

I just looked at my 3-6-9 on my wrist, asked it. It answered, "Hell no, I'm vintage looking and want to keep looking that way."

Attachments

·
Registered
986 Posts
how well does the DLC coating hold up? Is it truly "diamond like"? I'm not the most gentle on my watches, and I fear DLC would just make me notice scratches more.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts