WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased two manual-wind vintage '60's calibre 3000 Lemania watches. One has the Crown logo over the name and the other no crown over "Lemania". The one with the Crown logo has a serial number stamped on the movement. The movement of the other has no serial number. I am lead to believe the "Crown" version is made to a higher standard. Is this why the movement is numbered and the other is not numbered?

All info gratefully received.

I posted this question on another board that was supposedly a "Lemania" forum and didn't received one response. Perhaps I'll do better here. I'll also post these in the "Vintage" sub-forum.

·
Registered
29,986 Posts
I would try reposting this in the "Pocket Watch and Vintage" forum of this site to get opinions from members with vintage experience.

Most of the Lemania's I have seen have serial numbers, but that does not mean all do, as I am limited in my experience with this movement.

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
I recently purchased two manual-wind vintage '60's calibre 3000 Lemania watches. One has the Crown logo over the name and the other no crown over "Lemania". The one with the Crown logo has a serial number stamped on the movement. The movement of the other has no serial number. I am lead to believe the "Crown" version is made to a higher standard. Is this why the movement is numbered and the other is not numbered?

All info gratefully received.

I posted this question on another board that was supposedly a "Lemania" forum and didn't received one response. Perhaps I'll do better here. I'll also post these in the "Vintage" sub-forum.
it would be useful and interesting to see images these watches - presumably they are military! they produced military pieces for several separate armed forces - particularly the British -a little homework leads me to think there are not many if any records for lemania serial nos available - also lemania movements were also 'highjacked ' by the likes of Tissot and Omega -and rebranded by them in their name -sorry to be of little help -

1 - 4 of 4 Posts