WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mother has 5 working, but old, Tissots and Omega dress watches that she wants to get rid of. Are there any particular charities we could send them to so that the needy can tell the time?

·
Registered
17,054 Posts
I'm sure any charity would take them. They'd probably sell them and use the cash to do charity work though. If you'd rather, just give then to a homeless person.

·
Banned
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sure any charity would take them. They'd probably sell them and use the cash to do charity work though. If you'd rather, just give then to a homeless person.
I'd rather my mother not walk down a dark alley to donate directly. I think I'll advise her to mail the watches to a hospital for the unhealthy kids.

·
Registered
14,860 Posts
Why don't you just sell the watches here on the forum and your mom can send the check or cash to any charity in the world

Thanks

Roberto
+1

Sounds like a much better idea. Perhaps take the best of them, get it serviced, polished up, and then donate that one to a church that holds prize raffles. Proceeds go to charity. Winners get a variety of prizes. Even a nice vintage watch, for example.

·
Registered
20,963 Posts
Goodwill might take them. But I like the other ideas too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts